Adding a multiswitch question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

george99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
Hi,
I currently use a slimline dish with the 4 outputs going directly to my receivers.
I want to add a multiswitch so that I can increase the number of receivers.
My question is, does it matter which output from the dish goes to the 18v and the 13v inputs on the multiswitch?

BTW, out of curiosity, what are the flexports for (in layman's terms)?

The flexports are used when you have a slimline and either a 72.5 dish (for some market locals...not used anymore) or 95W for international

Then you hook the slimline outputs to the 13v/18v/13v+22k/18v+22k ports and the "other" dish to the flex port

I have a question about the multi-switch?

I'm also thinking of adding a multi-swtich, Currently I have a Slim-line dish with two lines coming from it. If I add it a multi switch to this setup, Will it do three receivers and one of them is a DVR Receivers? Or Do i need to run four lines from the slim-line dish?
and which multi-switch would you use?
Thanks

Kevcarron

I have a question about the multi-switch?

I'm also thinking of adding a multi-swtich, Currently I have a Slim-line dish with two lines coming from it. If I add it a multi switch to this setup, Will it do three receivers and one of them is a DVR Receivers? Or Do i need to run four lines from the slim-line dish?
and which multi-switch would you use?
Thanks

Kevcarron

the slimline will do 4 tuners ... if you are doing 3 recvrs , 1 being a dvr ... that is 4 tuners...you wont need a switch ...

be certain that it is not a swm ...but standard 4 output lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)