adding additional lnbs by combining them...

Alright, after 3 pages of chatting has anyone come up with a solution for having 2 or more stbs seeing all 5 slots. If so, is everyone else in agreement?

Please try your idea is possible on your setup before you suggest it. That way we know your idea works.
Thanks

danielle_s said:
Alright, after 3 pages of chatting has anyone come up with a solution for having 2 or more stbs seeing all 5 slots.

Sorry, we seemed to have hijacked this thread, but I thought answer might have been obvious by now. I don't know what "stbs" is. (googled set-top-box = receiver??).

danielle_s said:
I'm thinking of using this setup:
61.5 & 105 into a 21 and then exit the 21 into input 1 of a 44
110 into input 2 of a 44
119 into input 3 of a 44
121 into input 4 of a 44

The set up your thinking of using won't work. A DP21 switch can't be used as an input to a DPP44.

This works for me:
119 into input 1 of DPP44 (Dish 1 - SuperDish 121 - Stripped of Pro dual)
110 into input 2 of DPP44 (Dish 2 - SuperDish 105 - Stripped of Pro dual)
105 into input 3 of DPP44 (Dish 2 - SuperDish 105 - Stripped of Pro dual)
121 into input 4 of DPP44 (Dish 1 - SuperDish 121 - Stripped of Pro dual)

DPP44 out 1 to power inserter to DP21 input 1
61.5 Dual LNB to DP21 input 2 (Dish 3 - Dish 500 - using Pro dual from SD)
DP21 to receiver 1

DPP44 out 2 to DP21 input 1 (Dish 3 - Dish 500 - using Pro dual from SD)
61.5 Dual to DP21 input 2
DP21 to receiver 2

This is one version of what we are all talking about and it gets you two receivers seeing 5 sats. I see now that you are using 21 and 44 - are they dish pro or legacy?

If you wanted more, one easy way to do that would be to add another dish w/ProDual looking at 61.5 and use the third and forth DPP44 outputs and two more DP21's. That would get you to four. How many do you need?

There might be other solutions that wouldn't need 4 dishes for more than two receivers, but I would have to check those out.

105,110,119,121 hook into the dp44
receiver output 2 hooks into a dp21
61.5 hooks into the dp21 as well.
out of the dp21 into the receiver.
This is will be my setup.

Smith said:
It was DMK5582 model, but no one claim have it yet.
Also, it's known a config "DPP44-DP21" is support by PVR501+ models.
I checked out the details regarding this switch. It looks pretty interesting. Cascadable is a plus. If I had the money I would like to experiment with a couple to see if five or more satellites are doable.

danielle_s said:
105,110,119,121 hook into the dp44
receiver output 2 hooks into a dp21
61.5 hooks into the dp21 as well.
out of the dp21 into the receiver.
This is will be my setup.
Be sure that your 61.5 goes into the dish 1 of the DPP21.

Smith said:
It was DMK5582 model, but no one claim have it yet.
Also, it's known a config "DPP44-DP21" is support by PVR501+ models.
Sorry - that switch looks to only have 4 satellite inputs plus an OTA (the "0" port).

In other words, a "48" switch with built-in diplexers for each receiver port.

redhawk said:
Why? mine don't and they work great.
I'm wrong about this one, maybe. When I was experimenting with mine and hooked the LNB and switch in reverse (as you have), the LNB worked but the DPP44's slots were X'ed. I had to power cord reboot the receiver with the original configuration to get all five satellites.

boy921 said:
hooked the LNB and switch in reverse (as you have), the LNB worked but the DPP44's slots were X'ed.

Bad cable maybe? I haven't tried swapping mine yet this weekend - too busy pulling cable for phones and new reciever in back rooms of house. Man this stinks. Think I'm running out of expletives.

I find it interesting that the switch DPP44 or DP34 can be on port 1 or 2, but single LNB has to be on the other port...

redhawk said:
Bad cable maybe? I haven't tried swapping mine yet this weekend - too busy pulling cable for phones and new reciever in back rooms of house. Man this stinks. Think I'm running out of expletives.

I find it interesting that the switch DPP44 or DP34 can be on port 1 or 2, but single LNB has to be on the other port...
Redhawk, Cables are fine. I did some testing this morning and discovered that with the DP21 and DPP44, the DP21 to my Model 311 gets corrupted when changing the inputs around. I have to disconnect the cables to the DP21 and disconnect the power to the 311. After I hook/fire them back up I get a successful check switch and the configuration on the DP21 doesn't matter!

John

Called CSR

does 811 work with legacy lnb's and sw-21 switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts