Adding Another Hopper

Shoot To Thrill

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
United States
To ease our viewing habits, I've decided to add another Hopper.

My first thought was to switch over to DirecTV, but in another thread it was suggested I just add another Hopper since I am only 8 months into my contract.

Anyway, it happened so fast (They are coming Saturday morning) I really have no idea how two Hoppers work. Can someone either explain or point me to a thread that does?

I'm just not sure how they interact with each other. Can you watch shows from one Hopper on another as well as the two Joeys?

Yes, all Hoppers and Joeys can see both Hopper's recordings. Joeys can select which Hopper to record on.

Keep in mind that Hoppers only have access to other hopper's RECORDINGS, not its tuners and cannot set timers on the other hopper. Only Joeys can access each hopper's recordings AND tuners. That feature (H access other H tuners) is hopefully coming someday, but not here yet. If you have the Dish Anywhere app on your phone you can set timers on either hopper from it. Also if you are getting the Hopper with Sling you can watch that hopper's recordings or tuners from anywhere you have internet connection.

If PTAT is set on only 1 Hopper that leaves you with 5 of the 6 tuners.

Excellent!

Keep in mind that Hoppers only have access to other hopper's RECORDINGS, not its tuners and cannot set timers on the other hopper. Only Joeys can access each hopper's recordings AND tuners. That feature (H access other H tuners) is hopefully coming someday, but not here yet. If you have the Dish Anywhere app on your phone you can set timers on either hopper from it. Also if you are getting the Hopper with Sling you can watch that hopper's recordings or tuners from anywhere you have internet connection.

That is kinda what I thought but wasn't sure. I am sure it will solve a lot of issues with conflicting recordings. My wife and I have very different shows we watch and of course most of them are on at the same time.

?She likes to push mine back to a later viewing date and that pisses me off when I come home from work at midnight and "my shows" haven't been recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)