Adjustable dish mount

RickIrrgang

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2014
San Jose, Ca. 95112
Good morning, first time poster here. My name is Rick and live in the San Jose, Ca. area.
I have Dish HD and wondered if anyone knew of an adjustable dish mount like Direct TV uses on their dishes. I've aimed my daughters Direct TV dish many times and the fine adjustments on the mount sure does make aiming a lot easier.
Thanks in advance. Great forum.
Cheers

Good morning, first time poster here. My name is Rick and live in the San Jose, Ca. area.
I have Dish HD and wondered if anyone knew of an adjustable dish mount like Direct TV uses on their dishes. I've aimed my daughters Direct TV dish many times and the fine adjustments on the mount sure does make aiming a lot easier.
Thanks in advance. Great forum.
Cheers

I'm not sure if they do. At one point I think the 1000.4 dish assembly had some fine tuning on it but the 1000.2 does not. You just have to point it like you would any other old dish antenna.

Thank you. I'm new here but find myself at IRV2.com as a supporter and at Jeepforum.com
I think I may get on of the direct tv mounts and modify it for Dish. I've been in manufacturing most of my life and still remember how make stuff.
We full time in our Class A bus. The dish goes with us and aiming is becoming a regular thing. The fine adjustment mount would help a lot.
Cheers

Thank you. I'm new here but find myself at IRV2.com as a supporter and at Jeepforum.com
I think I may get on of the direct tv mounts and modify it for Dish. I've been in manufacturing most of my life and still remember how make stuff.
We full time in our Class A bus. The dish goes with us and aiming is becoming a regular thing. The fine adjustment mount would help a lot.
Cheers
You can still buy 1000-4 dishes & lnb's (E & W) on Ebay

Also, for the DPP 1000.2 dish, TV4RV.com has a kit to add screw Elevation adjustment which is the one most desirable to have.

The 1000.4 has built-in fine tuning for both azimuth and elevation. For portable use, I modified mine to make the setup and adjustments completely tools free.

2014-01-30%252009.48.56.jpg

If you have 1000.2 LNB locate a 1000.4 dish setup & LNB Bracket. Remove the center tab and the 1000.2 will fit.
I do this on systems where I cannot use the 1000.4 and I need fine tuning. Works.

Attachments

• 1000_4A.JPG
    1000_4A.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 135

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)