Adventures in dish hunting and what we find

Status
Please reply by conversation.
stogie if thats the toshiba that has no buttons on the front, or just ch up/down, I think I have the remote stored along with the rec. I'll look tomorrow. If you could find a 'learning' remote to send I would 'teach it' the commands, fire it back to you. Let me make sure I got the same one.

Well, I got to looking on ebay today for remotes, couldn't find anything under 30 bucks or so, so I bid on a Toshiba TRX 1820, in the original box with remote and VCII module. I won it. 23 bucks and some change, including shipping. :D

My pole is set and ready, soon as I find a victim,er,HELPER, yeah that's it...I'll set the dish on the pole. I managed to scrounge 125 feet of four conductor copper wire, and some other commercial 16ga four conductor wire that I have, I'll put all that in the conduit along with the coaxes and I should have plenty of electrical wires for the actuator. I am going to take the stock LNB off and put the BSC-621 that I have on the dish once I have it peaked, so I'll not need polarotor wire...

Hey Al,

The only problem is that I am in the country. The town I live in has a population sign of less than a thousand. :D

Yeah Likvid, I think it is a clone by some manufacturer who wanted to benefit from Paraclipse's design.

Fred

Finally found some help, got it on the pole, but not aimed yet. It looks nice I think...:cool:

Attachments

• dish1.JPG
    dish1.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 176
  • dish2.JPG
    dish2.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 153
  • dish3.JPG
    dish3.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 173
Hey Stogie,

It is a great looking dish, and if you take the time to get everything perfect as far as F/D, Focal Length, centering the wave-guide, and good LNBs, it will do a great job of grabbing signal.

Fred

Hey Stogie,

It is a great looking dish, and if you take the time to get everything perfect as far as F/D, Focal Length, centering the wave-guide, and good LNBs, it will do a great job of grabbing signal.

Fred

The people that gave it to me said it worked perfect when they unhooked it, so I assume that all of the F/D, focal length and all that was done already. Now once I get it aimed and tracking the arc I am going to take the corotor off of it and put the BSC-621 I have so I can use it on my Coolsat. I am going to create a separate thread because I have SCADS of what if type questions for my scenario. :up

All right, I finally gave in. I figured if I was going to spend 5 hours in the truck today and had to go by our old family place which has only been used doing hunting season for the past few years. I might as well reclaim the dish that my Mom had put in about 14 years ago. Surprisingly still no bullet holes in the mesh and the Star Track Eight Plus Receiver w/ UHF remote was still in the box in a shed out there. I just took it off the trailer and put it behind the shop till I can get it home this weekend. That's my 84e primestar dish behind it. I am still looking for the correct arm for it. I believe the big dish is an 8 or 8.5ft Unimesh. I haven't unloaded the polar mount or the receiver yet. Just have to find me a post or maybe have a mount made for it and see whats showing now that football season is nearly here.

Attachments

• DSC06202.JPG
    DSC06202.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC06203.JPG
    DSC06203.JPG
    549 KB · Views: 233
I found this dish a couple of days ago, and my 13 year old son and I took it down this morning and hauled it home.

It is a 10' Perfect 10 that is in really good shape. Do I need another dish? No not right now, but everyone needs spare parts, and I might want to put a fifth or even a sixth dish on my roof eventually, and this one is a pretty nice one.

I have plenty of room to store them, and someday, some of my friends or family are going to want to get in on this hobby. :cool:

I have also made up my mind that if I have the time, space, and good weather, I am going to take down and store as many of the good quality and in good shape dishes that I can find. I don't want the scrappers to get them, and I don't want them just getting ruined because of neglect.

Here are the pics of the dish:

p10-10footer.jpg p10-10footer-rear.jpg

I have also discovered that I can haul a 10' dish in my old van. Here is how it is done. :)

Now just have to figure out a way to haul an eight or ten foot solid home without a pickup. :)

how-to-trans-10footer.jpg how-to-trans-10footer-side.jpg

On an 8 footer or smaller, the petals will fit inside my van. This is my old work van, so if I get it a little dirty or it gets scratched, it is no big loss.

This dish had an LNB on it that I haven't ever seen before. I am not going to use it, because I like C and Ku on the big dishes, but I do have a use for the ring around the outside.

strange-lnb.jpg strange-lnb-2.jpg

I have been straining my brain trying to figure out how to get a flat ring with holes to use on the Pinnacle to try and fine tune it following Mike Kohl's instructions. That ring is my ticket to fine tuning the Pinnacle. :D

Fred

I have also made up my mind that if I have the time, space, and good weather, I am going to take down and store as many of the good quality and in good shape dishes that I can find. I don't want the scrappers to get them, and I don't want them just getting ruined because of neglect.

this is a good plan plus sounds like you got the space lucky you :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

further BSC-621 testing?

New KU Band LNB available for testing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)