AGREEMENT REACHED....Possible Sinclair Locals Dispute 3/1/13

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My local CBS station is a Sinclair station. A top-notch station, and most of what we watch is on CBS. As others have said, thank Goodness for the AM21. Now, I may have to change my DVR scheduling (that'll be a lot of fun. Too bad you can't just change the channel for a scheduled recording).

It was on WPMI NBC15 in Mobile, AL last night. It was the more ominous version "Beginning on March 1, 2013 we no longer expect this station to be carried by DirecTV. " As if it was a done deal it was going away.

BTW, it looks like it will also effect WEAR ABC3, WFGX MyNET35 & WJTC Ind44 all in Mobile area. That's 2 of the big 4 networks. Only CBS is safe.

Last edited:
Same thing going on here in the Albany, NY DMA with CBS (WRGB) and The CW (WCWN). Here's for hoping they at least force DirecTV to carry the HD feed of the local CW which has been HD on cable for years now and is now HD on Dish.

Getting the scrolling message on the top of the screen in the Charleston/Huntington wv dma.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

My Local ABC Affiliate is apparently affected. I say apparently because my Mother asked me today what the deal was with the scroll that was appearing on "Channel 13", she has the local Cable company.

I don't ever watch ABC unless there is a special or sporting event on it. I haven't watched ABC in months. I'll probably watch on Sunday for the Oscars though. ABC's morning show has more fluff than a Cotton Candy machine, 20/20 SUCKS as well, don't even get me started on Shuffling with the supposed stars, or any of the other reality relationship shows, The Bachelor, etc. The only time I ever watch 13WHAM Rochester's ABC affiliate is for the local news, or when I catch their CW sub channel for Supernatural. Even then I have to use my AM21 as DirecTV doesn't carry it.

I'd guess that this will get solved within hours of or after the deadline.

John

Attention DirecTV Customers: Beginning on March 1, 2013 we no longer expect this station to be carried by DirecTV. This blackout of our programming will only affect DirecTV subscribers. Dish network and cable subscribers will not be impacted. Only DirecTV subscribers are expected to lose access to this station on March 1st. We apologize for any inconvenience and suggest DirecTV subscribers call DirecTV at 1-800-DirecTV (347-3288) or make alternative arrangements to continue to watch our great programming. Thank you.

I saw this last night on WKRC CBS Cincinnati. Sinclair also recently bought our WSTR Cincinnati, though I do not know if it is included in this mess as I haven't watched a single frame on this channel since WB folded and the CW moved to another channel.

It was on WPMI NBC15 in Mobile, AL last night. It was the more ominous version "Beginning on March 1, 2013 we no longer expect this station to be carried by DirecTV. " As if it was a done deal it was going away.

BTW, it looks like it will also effect WEAR ABC3, WFGX MyNET35 & WJTC Ind44 all in Mobile area. That's 2 of the big 4 networks. Only CBS is safe.

Not seeing WPMI NBC15 listed as a Sinclair station. But they are running the crawl.. Is there another dispute here NOT LISTED?

Sinclair runs it

WPMI owner info
Operator: Sinclair by LMA
Licensee: DEERFIELD MEDIA (MOBILE) LICENSEE, LLC (Deerfield Media)

little more info its basically to get around the whole "ownership" rules. The owner is basically a Sinclair flunky

Deerfield Media is a broadcasting company owned by Stephen P. Mumblow, established in 2012 by the acquisition of several television stations connected to Sinclair Broadcast Group. All of its stations are located in markets where Sinclair also owns a station, and will be operated under local marketing agreements by Sinclair.

I'm of the small percent that cannot get OTA even with a good antenna.
I still say pull the plug on them Directv!!

I think the only good thing in this is we may get more of the subchannels added if Sinclair pushes for that as part of a new agreement, things like CW in the Grand Rapids and Lansing MI markets are Sinclair subchannels that Directv does not carry.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts