AGREEMENT REACHED....Possible Sinclair Locals Dispute 3/1/13

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Im in Cincinnati as well. Has there been channels that have pulled out of DTV and have they done anything about it? I used to work for TWC here in cinci. and Im so used to Sinclairs crap.

There have been some small affiliate groups drop programming from Directv but it is usually short term.

A large group like Sinclair is almost never dropped. I would speculate that it is highly likely that they reach a deal before the networks are taken down. That said, if they are unreasonable Directv will remove them, they showed the will with Viacomm last year.

A large group like Sinclair is almost never dropped. I would speculate that it is highly likely that they reach a deal before the networks are taken down. That said, if they are unreasonable Directv will remove them, they showed the will with Viacomm last year.

exactly. both throw out the warning "flames"...then on the 27th or 28th they'll sit down and say "ok maybe a 1 week extension" while they negotiate and they usually get it done without the stations being dropped. Hate to say it but both companies need each other

There have been some small affiliate groups drop programming from Directv but it is usually short term.

How long was Viacomm cut off?

Cincinnati Ohio Local DMA would lose three of it's local channels on DIRECTV if Sinclair Broadcasting and DIRECTV can not reach an agreement or a temporary extension by March 1, 2013. The three Channel's Would be Star 64 WSTR, Local 12, and the Cincinnati CW.

Getting the scrolling message on the top of the screen in the Charleston/Huntington wv dma.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

Yep. I am lucky enough to also have the NY locals too.

I think the only good thing in this is we may get more of the subchannels added if Sinclair pushes for that as part of a new agreement, things like CW in the Grand Rapids and Lansing MI markets are Sinclair subchannels that Directv does not carry.

I really wish the sub channel for my NBC station was carried called MYZ.

interesting that the only show I've seen on my local CW (that is owned by these demons) that had the scroll was ring of honor wrestling (which Sinclair owns ironically)
The saturday morning WWE show didnt (but that comes from the network so they probably didnt want to screw with it)
The other local wrestling show didnt have it either

If the stations are pulled you'll have a fair amount of pissed off wrestling fans.

Ring of Honor is owned by Sinclair now and their TV show is ONLY on Sinclair owned/run/money taken under the table so they "own it etc stations.

Apparently Directv thinks Sinclair is bluffing...

Only Sinclair can choose whether to remove any of its stations from your channel line-up, and rest assured, we do not anticipate that happening. Sinclair has used these same threats recently against customers who receive DISH Network, Verizon FiOS, Time Warner Cable, Brighthouse Networks, Mediacom, Charter, Suddenlink and even Comcast — some of the exact same providers they are telling you and our other customers to consider. Sinclair has not removed any stations, and DIRECTV cannot unless Sinclair forces us to do so.

http://directvpromise.com/keeping-you-connected-to-your-local-stations/

Sinclair has used these same threats recently against customers who receive DISH Network, Verizon FiOS, Time Warner Cable, Brighthouse Networks, Mediacom, Charter, Suddenlink and even Comcast

SURPRISE
SURPRISE
SURPRISE

Any time retrans comes up Sinclair tries to play hard ball

I have been hearing a few comments regarding the scrolling message from others already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

Cincinnati Ohio Local DMA would lose three of it's local channels on DIRECTV if Sinclair Broadcasting and DIRECTV can not reach an agreement or a temporary extension by March 1, 2013. The three Channel's Would be Star 64 WSTR, Local 12, and the Cincinnati CW.

That would be a Great reason to Not have all thier contracts expiring at the same time ...

WKRC TV channel 12 CBS is the main channel. Cincinnati CW is channel 12.2 so if one goes, they both go.

I am not sure about WSTR though. Sinclair just bought that station a few months ago and I don't think they actually take over operation until March. I think (though I am not sure) that WSTR (MyTV) is still under the old carriage contact. I haven't seen the crawl on 64. I must admit I don't watch that channel much.

BTW, I get all three of these channels with a PAPER CLIP pushed into the RF connector on my TV. I can actually see the Star Tower from where I live, and channel 12 is actually on VHF 12 with great power from Walnut Hills and the signal is great in northern Ham Co.

With the same PAPER CLIP I also get channel 5 (35), 9 (22), 14 (24?), and 19 (29) on still days. If it's windy, all bets are off.

With the same PAPER CLIP I also get channel 5 (35), 9 (22), 14 (24?), and 19 (29) on still days. If it's windy, all bets are off.

Perhaps upgrading to a jumbo paperclip would help with wind :D

paperclip_by_tash11_stock.jpg

That would be a Great reason to Not have all thier contracts expiring at the same time ...

The problem is that you would need a contract for each channel and that would cost much in legal fees for both companies. The channels would be more expensive due to that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts