All American discount

voyagerbob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
I just received an email form AAD to add the HD channels for 30% off for 6 months. I will likely do it for this price. I wonder if you can select only one or the other instead of both. I also wonder if the 30% off is for the SD, HD, or all channels. I think I will call shortly and find out. I have attached the text portion of the email. I'm uploading the bmp image (hopefully, as this is my first time uploading any images).

Receive 30% OFF for 6 months when you add Chicago and Los Angeles High Definition programming to your Standard Definition subscription!

Thanks

Voyagerbob

Attachments

• AAD.jpg
    AAD.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 228
30% off ????

Guess I'd have to ask 30% off what....30% off the 6 month posted price of $109.99 ??? or some other price?

We've seen so many price quotes...3rd month free, blah, blah, blah...personally I'm totally confused.

Clarification anyone? PLEASE!

Only available for new customers. I tried to renew with the discount and it's not available. I can renew for $49.98 a city for three months, but 30% off of six months would be a little better. I don't have to renew until September 10th so I'll wait and see if they change their policy.

I should have read jmccurrytech's post a little closer. Did you talk to them about the price, because the person I talked to today seemed to imply that the discount price would be better than my renewal rate. My renewal rate is better than the price listed unless they apply a discount.

that doesn't make sense if they sent the person an e-mail and is already a customer.

I got the e-mail too, and it was because I had (last year) ONLY the SD channels. The e-mail was promoting the HD channels and you get the discount when you add the HD channels to your SD subscription.

Added both LA and Chicago HD channels today for the 30% discount. It is on the HD distants only. $13.96 per city. Not great but I'll give it a try for that price. :)

I already had all the SD from NY and SF, plus all 4 from LA and CBS/Fox from Chicago. I was paying 3 months at a time, I called since my 3 months was almost up and the women did me a deal. I ended up paying 129 bucks for 6 months for all 8 feeds from LA/Chicago HD.

I already had all the SD from NY and SF, plus all 4 from LA and CBS/Fox from Chicago. I was paying 3 months at a time, I called since my 3 months was almost up and the women did me a deal. I ended up paying 129 bucks for 6 months for all 8 feeds from LA/Chicago HD.

Guess I'll have to try again. The person I talked to wouldn't cut me a deal, said the discount was for new customers only. I think $129 is a very good price.

Ya it comes out to 10.75 a month per city, and for HD Ill take it. Not the best price, but way better than the regular monthly price. Plus I'll get Bears and Chargers games in HD.

Ya it comes out to 10.75 a month per city, and for HD Ill take it. Not the best price, but way better than the regular monthly price. Plus I'll get Bears and Chargers games in HD.

Compared to the starting price this is a good improvement. If they had started here they would probably have more customers.

I waited until the last day and got a slight discount. $20.94 for each city for six months, so $167.52 total for all eight channels. Not $129, but less than my invoice.

Well I bet the discounted prices will stick and might go down some more. Paying 300k (150k x 2) a month to lease two transponders, they need all the money they can get :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts