all Equity (formerly RTN) feeds the real list

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow, this is getting pretty sad.
I just hope that they at least leave "this TV" on kkyk alone and amgtv on kqdk too.
I like the oldies stuff.

But I suspect they will take those away too. Can't have anything of any value on TV can we? Shut down everything except religious channels. Wow. Real freedom of choice in America huh? :mad:

Are there other satellites that might carry those channels? IE this and amg ?

I can see now I really, really need to put up a motor dish, this is so depressing. :(

Both KKYK & KQDK are owned by banks now...

The key thing to realize is Equity filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy so they have nothing. They sold off everything. The fact these channels are still up is amazing. They filed Bankruptcy in January I think and sold everything in April. Also they (Equity) owed like 1/2 million dollars to the satellite company for uplinking these channels (they got some money from another company). All the channels will be gone soon.

Equity grew too big for its britches. They gobbled up all these Low powered stations 5 years ago. At one point they had around 50 stations. Alot of them basically became satellite stations with same commercials on them (Univision comes to mind). Most markets they bought these stations already had pretty much all the affiliates assigned so the stations were independent. RTV was the best thing Equity had going but the money ran out and they sold to Luken (their former CEO) in June last year on the grounds they (Equity) would have enough money to buy it back.
They didn't and RTV was dropped from Equity stations....and the rest went downhill from there

Are there other satellites that might carry those channels? IE this and amg ?

both are on C-Band satellite. A 6 footer will get This TV just fine

AMG you need a larger dish due to an adjacent signal on G16 (World Harvest). Dumbest thing AMG did was move transponders. They had a good signal on G19 (97W) C-Band then decided to move TP's and must have got a helluva deal that they would move the signal to the same transponder as a thunderstick signal (WHT) next door. SO smaller dishes can't get AMGTV

What bugs me is KQDK (formerly KDEV-LP) is AMGTV for almost all the time
The ONE time I want it to show the AMG programming (7-8 tonight) for NWA Anarchy Wrestling they pre-empt it for something else :( :mad:

and AMGTV doesnt work on the 6 footer...I think @Sports on 87W shows it

both are on C-Band satellite. A 6 footer will get This TV just fine

AMG you need a larger dish due to an adjacent signal on G16 (World Harvest). Dumbest thing AMG did was move transponders. They had a good signal on G19 (97W) C-Band then decided to move TP's and must have got a helluva deal that they would move the signal to the same transponder as a thunderstick signal (WHT) next door. SO smaller dishes can't get AMGTV

Oh... I guess I will have to reconsider this whole dish thing now.
I was really hoping to avoid have one of those ugly old monster dishes out there, again. We had one years ago and it was nothing but trouble. It was broken more than it worked. :(

Really I wish I could just have ONE of those little dishes like everyone else does on the side of the house, out of sight, out of mind. I could paint it the same color as the house and forget about it. Sigh.........

They all were gone for me today..... my LNBF did not make it through the weather last week. This is the second Invacom I have had go bad after storms have passed through. The last was about 3 years ago. Good thing I had a spare. Not that there is a lot left on G18 anymore.

What bugs me is KQDK (formerly KDEV-LP) is AMGTV for almost all the time
The ONE time I want it to show the AMG programming (7-8 tonight) for NWA Anarchy Wrestling they pre-empt it for something else :( :mad:

YAY!!!
They didnt pre-empt it and it was a great show this week :)

ThisTv on 99 w

I just rescanned 99 w, and one of the channels had ThisTv on it.

Nice since I don't have a AC3 Dolby reciever.

There was a NBC and Fox on it too.

-

that would be the nets mux on G16
been there for a couple years now...just the symbol rate changes once in a while :D

that would be the nets mux on G16
been there for a couple years now...just the symbol rate changes once in a while :D

Iceberg can you tell me what " net mux" and " mux" is? I see that allot and want to know what it means. thanks

Mux is when there's more than one channel in the same transponder, in this case every channel corresponds to a certain location, The Virgin Islands, by net mux i think it's because until recently that "mux" had all important networks in the USA: CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and the CW, but CBS no longer exists in that mux so there is a ThisTV channel (and an ocassional 6th channel altough i've been told it's also a ThisTV channel transmiting in 4:2:2).

Cheers

Mike

by net mux i think it's because until recently that "mux" had all important networks in the USA: CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and the CW, but CBS no longer exists in that mux so there is a ThisTV channel (and an ocassional 6th channel altough i've been told it's also a ThisTV channel transmiting in 4:2:2).

CBS lost the affiliation there because most of the cable companies/Directv/Dish decided to use WSEE Erie, PA instead so the CBS is now ThisTV
The 6th channel is not a 4:2:2 feed
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1910482-post22.html

dang...now there are 8 (EIGHT) channels in the mux
-This
-CW
-ABC
-NBC
-FOX
-ABC HD
-Blank screen but AC-3 audio
-The feed for Fox Saturday baseball......this is for the VI (Puerto Rico has a different station that shows MLB)

The blank screen is a HD feed (the Quali pegs it as HD)

interesting

KKYK-DT (11800 mux) is now showing Tuff TV. It has the logo in the corner.

Also WPXS is just showing commercials....saw 4 commercials then black screen

well at top of hour it shows "TuffTV" and KKYK-TV on it

so looks like KKYK switched to Tuff TV :)

Rifleman on right now

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)