Back in the game

SkySurfer80

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
Hello to you all. After over 4 years I am getting back into the hobby. Unfortunately when I moved during covid I had no line of site and ended up losing my motorized system. Well after moving again and after a few years I have decided that missing thing In my life is the sound of test patterns and news reporters standing on the screen picking their noses and like the saying "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in". Lol

Anyhow I have an old 36 that has been sitting out in my backyard for years, no lnb and maybe a hair warped so I think instead of just buying an lnb I will try to find a complete system. I have not looked but am guessing a 1.2 meter motorized is still an arm and a leg with the shipping, especially with the current inflation we have all seen. Lol. So I am going to see if maybe some of you live in my area and would sell me some stuff you no longer use or could advise me the best route to go. Being the tight wad I am and being the type of father that feels bad spending money on himself when I have a four year old baby girl I to could buy toys for I still don't know if I am up to paying the shipping rate for a 4 footer even though that would be my dream setup, a 1.2 meter motorized with a clear LOS and my geosat pro.

I live in crossville Tennessee. If any of you live nearby and need a Sat friend or have some stuff you would sell let me know. I am so happy to be back in the hobby and the group. I have been on an off in this group for many years, I just lost my old email addresses and changed to a new account a couple of times. God bless you all!

IF you have a Facebook account, check Facebook Marketplace for any sat equipment that might be close enough to you. Stuff goes in and out of there all the time. Tell everybody local you know also, because somebody might have something they'll give you, just to get rid of it.

IF you have a Facebook account, check Facebook Marketplace for any sat equipment that might be close enough to you. Stuff goes in and out of there all the time. Tell everybody local you know also, because somebody might have something they'll give you, just to get rid of it.

Yes I will. I look often.

I have 2 Wiengard approx 8' mesh dishes that I don't need anymore. They are both disassembled. One has been sitting behind a shed for a number of years and not sure of its condition. The other was just disassembled and is in good shape. They are both free to a good home but you would have to pick it up. I live in Cana Va. In addition I have LNB's and FTA receiver.