Amazon Prime no-ad upgrade not recognized on Dish app

WildBill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Florida
Upgraded Amazon Prime to No-ad status online this morning. But when I opened the Dish Prime app this evening, it asked if I wanted to upgrade with no option for "already upgraded". Wondering if this Is just a lag in registering the change, or if this is a bug in the app software.

Bill

Upgraded Amazon Prime to No-ad status online this morning. But when I opened the Dish Prime app this evening, it asked if I wanted to upgrade with no option for "already upgraded". Wondering if this Is just a lag in registering the change, or if this is a bug in the app software.

Bill
Maybe sign out of Prime on your Dish receiver and then sign back in.

On a side note, my Dish Prime app does not support 4K, nor HDR. Same with the YouTube app. I use the native apps on my TVs, but it would be nice if the Dish apps supported the better video formats.

Reactions: charlesrshell
On a side note, my Dish Prime app does not support 4K, nor HDR. Same with the YouTube app. I use the native apps on my TVs, but it would be nice if the Dish apps supported the better video formats.
Interesting! I just tested that on my Hopper 3 which is passed via HDMI to Denon AVR and then HDMI to my Vizio TV. I loaded up the new movie, Foe, and started it. I got 4K, HDR10, and even Dolby Atmos.