AMC 124.9 W KU Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Probably would just leave it on 125KU for PBS if you can. Trying to get ku signals on that 6 footer are kind of tough. That's why 90cm or 1.2m dishes rock pulling in ku signals. I have a dedicated 90cm for Montana and PBS and signal qualities are fantastic. I would recommend the dedicated ku dish idea as there is a good possibility of PBS dumping their SES-3 c-band feed what was meant for backyard dish owners a long time ago. With the government wanting to cut Corporation For Public Broadcasting funds, PBS would dump (they were actually wanting to do that anyway) c-band feed to cut costs. Having a fixed dish on 125 ku is perfect for receiving those services.
Thank you Jw2016...I have a 90cum KU dish also but I can't get those transponders either. The sight on both dishes are clear so no obstacles blocking them.

Ok... I had a little time this morning.

First Farwest...be sure you are doing a true BLIND SCAN and not just a normal scan. (Different receivers use different terminology) You should get most if not all the channels in without a manual scan.

With that said: You have everything that I have on 125W Ku except for an occasional feed or two.

On 101W C band, you are missing:

4180/h/30000 Sur, Sur Peru, VME Kids, UT Feeds,VME, Primo, EStudio, Venezuela,Cincomas, venevision,one other
3961/v/2733 Movies
4180/h/30000 Grit
3957/v/2733 Decades
3953/v/2733 Heroes
3976/v/2734 Heroes
3772/v/4441 DayStar
4020/h/28000 GVTV mux
3716/v/4773 GEB
3820/h/29723 Mnet
3859/h/30000 Sprout

* Note that the numbers may vary +/- a count or two between different systems, but should still be usable. A Blind Scan gives you the most accurate freqs for your system.

EDIT: I should specified In The Clear Channels. No need to post specs for scrambled channels,
Thank you one more time, armadillo_115...So you recommend to perform a detailed blind scan instead normal scan? Let me try that. I will let you know the results.

A normal scan will only check transponders that are already scanned in.
A blind scan takes a bit longer but it starts with a clean slate and scans the frequency range "looking" for transponders.
Once a transponder is found it logs it and then scans it for receivable channels.

Reactions: farwest5050
A normal scan will only check transponders that are already scanned in.
A blind scan takes a bit longer but it starts with a clean slate and scans the frequency range "looking" for transponders.
Once a transponder is found it logs it and then scans it for receivable channels.
Thank you KE4EST...Let me try that option then...

I got no solution for my issues...I have done everything you guys have told me but nothing...The only thing that I haven't done is to replace the LNBF combo by just a KU LNB.

Es fácil asta con antena de dish se baja y lnb lineal
Translation: It is easy when antenna dish is low and with linear lnb.(or best I could do)
Please, make all posts in English. (Por favor, haga todos los mensajes en inglés).

...Same problem at 124.9 KU with the transponders 11916 V 2398 (Montana PBS) and 12106 V 2398 (Montana PBS also) The other transponder at 124.9 that I can't get is 12180 V 30000(PBS East and PBS West,Create, FNX,World and Vme)

farwest5050, Montana PBS I view (changed in the last two months) on 3983 V 2398. I know the reception of the station is "weak" and was a tad-notch further west?

I view PBS-- East, West, Create, FNX, World, and HD03-"Feed" on 3720 (if I'm looking at the right number) V 30001.

Last edited:
For one you have something entered incorrectly. 3720 would be a C-Band frequency. You need to set your LO(Local Oscillator) Frequency to either 10750 or 10600.
This will depend on what LNBF you are using.

By The Way, just checked and Montana PBS is coming in fine here on 11916 V 2398 right now.

KE4EST, I just changed my LNB to 10750 (according to the provided spec). Now, I've got 12180 V 30001 for all PBS channels other than Montana, 11917 V 2398. (I had noticed it scanned C-band today, when I didn't know about the LNB setting, till you mentioned it and I looked up the spec in my notes.) Is it worthwhile to manually change the frequency and symbol rate being that they are one digit off; Blind scan set those numbers?

I do notice MT PBS is coming in nearly 20% stronger than it did prior to say June 2017.

Last edited:
Is it worthwhile to manually change the frequency and symbol rate being that they are one digit off; Blind scan set those numbers?
No, as long as it is working leave it be.
The reason you will get a different number can be a couple of different reasons.
For one the receiver tuner may not be spot on, so that is how it is seeing it. So nothing is wrong it just picked it up a digit off.
Second reason for numbers to be off a digit or two, is the same above but for the LNB(F).
The LNB may not be spot on, so it will see it a digit or so off.
Any how you are good now! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)