AMC-15 On line ?

Well folks, my signal went from 52 to 70 on 105. Works for me! No one in this area will get much higher than that. I looked at the footprint map and this area just happens to be on the fringe on both the KA and KU bands. But, with 70, we are less likely to loose signal in light rain. We will still lose it in the heavy tropical downpours we get here! :eek:

Are you guys using the Superdish. I get 95 and 98 on my Dish 500 and a 102 on my 61.5 dish. 70 seems kind of low.

Here in Salem, OR 97302, I went from about 48-49 to 60-61 with AMC-15. As others stated above, no matter how I tweak it now, it's not getting any better. I was hoping for more, but it should stay locked most of the time.

jerryez said:
Are you guys using the Superdish. I get 95 and 98 on my Dish 500 and a 102 on my 61.5 dish. 70 seems kind of low.

Where are you located? Like I said, I looked at the footprint map, (found at SES Americom). If one is on the fringe of the footprint, then what signal you get is what you'll get, unless you move. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

bryan92 said:
I think I have the famous "plastic dish too hot" thing going on. I couldnt stand it so I went home and mine still wont lock. I has no signal whatsoever. It comes back around 8 o'clock after its cooled off to 91 degrees. :D
As much as I hate to Im going to call dish. I was told they are replacing them with metal ones to solve the problem.

I have one of those plastic SD's, Never had any problems with it at all. But after reading this post. I thought, lets just see what the real difference is in temp. Right now the air temp is 91deg @1300.
With one of those laser temp gauges:
My 39" is 113deg.
My two D500's are 117deg.
Now for the SD plastic 130deg :)

So I can only imagine what it would be on a real hot day, I see allot of people around here painting there dishes Brown to blend in, just think how those would be. Maybe white would help keep it cooler.
Guess I'll have to keep this all in mind if I ever start having problems!

They are coming tomorrow so I will let you know. The temperature yesterday with the humidity figured in was 113 degrees.

I dont know what else it could be. I borrowed a new switch from a local installer, changed it out and had the same results.

Yea, 97 was hot. I knew it had nothing to do with the humidity, I just wanted to tell yall how hot it was.
The guy said it was the LNBF on type 2 dishes. Its fixed and works fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)