America's Got Talent Season 6 (2011)

He wasn't the only one to throw himself off the stage. I don't ever remember seeing that happen before and tonight it happened twice.

JAG72 said:
He wasn't the only one to throw himself off the stage. I don't ever remember seeing that happen before and tonight it happened twice.

I saw the other guy fall off the stage earlier this morning. Too funny how the guy who said that he was going to lead us down a lighted path, couldn't manage to walk a path on stage without falling off - he completely the lights.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

The one act last night that got short shrift was the magician that did the levitation. The very little of the act shown was a bit confusing but just from the little shown, it was a very good presentation.

The one act last night that got short shrift was the magician that did the levitation. The very little of the act shown was a bit confusing but just from the little shown, it was a very good presentation.

I think they do that on purpose. They see some really good acts and just do a brief glimpse at this stage to the home viewers so that they can do more coverage of them in the next phase of the show. Next phase will probably have a long lead in on the life and times of the acts. They want to spread the good acts out over the course of the show so that they have something new to show each time.

I had my DVR set to record but for some reason it did not start recording. It wasn't until 1/2 hour into it that I noticed. Anything interesting during the first 1/2 hour?

Well the first 15 minutes was all a bunch of the usual introducing the show and judges BS, so you didn't miss much with that.

The 2nd act to perform was quite good, but you'll get to see him again soon.

The first act was pretty funny. The act would have gone no where if it were not the fact that he kept his hand on Howie's head the whole time driving Howie crazy...

mike123abc said:
The first act was pretty funny. The act would have gone no where if it were not the fact that he kept his hand on Howie's head the whole time driving Howie crazy...

I find any act that preys on germophobe Howie to be quite entertaining. :)

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

7 June 2011: Audition Show #2

"Hopefuls adition for the judges in Seattle." Offhand, I am wondering when we're going to see the guy high-dive into a pool of water? I've been seeing promos running for the past 3-weeks. Anyway, it reminds me of old-timer that I would see dive into a kiddie pool back in the 60s and 70s. He would make an occasionally appearance on the Mike Douglas Show, Dinah Shore, etc. Does anyone remember his name?

AGT Ratings...

...according to the ratings, the first show of the season did very well.

Source

8 p.m.
NBC: "America's Got Talent" season premiere (13.3 million viewers, 8.0/13 households)CBS: "NCIS" rerun (11.1 million, 7.2/12)
ABC: "Jimmy Kimmel Game Night" (6.3 million, 3.9/7)/ NBA Countdown (6.9 million, 4.2/7)
FOX: "Glee" rerun (2.4 million, 1.6/2)
The CW: "One Tree Hill" rerun (807 K, 0.6/1)

18-49 leader: "America's Got Talent" (3.7)

9 p.m.
NBC: "America's Got Talent" season premiere (16.6 million, 9.6/15)ABC: NBA Finals Game 1 Mavericks vs. Heat (12 million, 7.2/11)
CBS: "NCIS: Los Angeles" rerun (9.9 million, 6.5/10)
FOX: "Raising Hope" rerun (2.6 million, 1.6/3)/ "Traffic Light" (2.2 million, 1.5/2)
The CW: "Hellcats" rerun (807 K, 0.6/1)

I still can't believe the prize money is still 1 million...their ratings are 3X-4X from the first season. What sucks about the million dollars is that it's payable over 30 years. Cash value of this prize has to be under 300K. NBC will pay billions for the Olympics, but the prize money is chicken feed for 30-episodes worth...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)