America's Got Talent Season 6 (2011)

riffjim4069 said:
I just cannot watch another year of the "Most Talented" act not winning. And I am no longer watching this show unless they hire independent validators and auditors.

Out of all talent competitions this is probably the worst one in the way it is structured and the way it is judged. The pairing of the acts doesn't make much sense, the judges are completely incompetent in most of these art forms and Piers with his buzzer is just plain annoying.

Having said that, what makes me watch it again and again is some very unique talent that they keep finding every year. Who is the winner is not so important: most of the top acts will make much more money than that prize fund. What is important is that millions of viewers get a chance to see some very unique talent, discover some new forms of performance art, and that those acts get a chance to perform for such a huge audience.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Out of all talent competitions this is probably the worst one in the way it is structured and the way it is judged. The pairing of the acts doesn't make much sense, the judges are completely incompetent in most of these art forms and Piers with his buzzer is just plain annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Jesus Christ could perform a miracle on stage and if any of the judges don't like it and make their nitnoid comments...well, let's just say Jesus will need another miracle to get voted through to the next round assuming he wasn't already buzzed by Piers. Conversely, a chicken can cluck a song on a stage and if the judges love it then the American people will eat up this dumb-cluck as though it were Chicken Pot Pie.

Has anyone realized that---with the obvious exception of Terry Fator---our acts (the ones we agreed were the best in show) don't win! I can only assume this is because we all have Hearts & Minds and Eyes & Ears. And we're apparently not chattel that can be programmed nor lulled into submission by the show's judges and producers to cast our votes as they see fit.

As Socrates once pondered, "It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied." Unfortunately, all the little piggies go wee-wee-wee all the way home while we're left scratching our heads trying to figure out what just happened. :eek:

I think many of you are missing the mark. Of the final four, three were deserving to win based on their final performances. I personally liked LEM Jr and am glad he won, but either of the other two would have been a good choice. I can only speculate why he isn't a more popular choice, but I won't.