America's Got Talent Season 6 (2011)

Wow its going to take him 40 years to collect his million dollar prize!

Yeah, we had a big discussion about this topic last year. I think last year it was 1M payable over 30-years and we complained how cheap NBC was...especially considering the judges are probably making 3-5M each per season. I see they corrected the problem by given the winner an addition 10-years in which to pay the annuity. In 40-years that 25K payment may pay the months rent for month.

Last edited:
I can't believe illuminate got tossed out at 3rd place. Unbelievable!

Landau winning just sucked. He just is not that good.

But I'd almost be willing to bet that over the next few years both illuminate and Poplyfe will be making more money and booking more shows than he will.

riffjim4069 said:
I think iLuminate and Silhouettes tied. I only vote for one act in the Final Four but I am voting for both in this case.
And that's exactly what I think has happened: these two were so close that they have split the votes... If only one of these acts was in the finals it would've won!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well... I can say I called it two weeks ago. Chicken Catcher strikes again. The solo-singer will always win.

I agree with your assessment. Unfortunately, I won't be starting an AGT Season 7 thread because I'm done with this show. After six years I've had enough of the "most talented" act NOT winning the grand prize, and I'm starting to believe the winners are selected by the "Administrators" and not the voters. :(

And that's exactly what I think has happened: these two were so close that they have split the votes... If only one of these acts was in the finals it would've won!

I don't think so...I voted for both acts using both email and the website (don't have an AT&T phone to send text). Personally, I think the "Administrators" (NBC and their members) award the grand prize to the act they thought they could best market in a Vegas style show. From what I've seen the "Administrators" can count and invalidate votes any way they wish and there is no independing auditing of the results. They can pretty much give the grand prize to whomever they wish.

We have absolutely no way of verifying if any of the Chicken Catchers actually won fair and square. That's why I'm done with this show.

riffjim4069 said:
Personally, I think the "Administrators" (NBC and their members) award the grand prize to the act they thought they could best market in a Vegas style show. From what I've seen the "Administrators" can count and invalidate votes any way they wish and there is no independing auditing of the results. They can pretty much give the grand prize to whomever they wish.
I disagree! Why would they give it to Landau?! He is not the money maker. The other two acts are!

As much as I like iLuminate that performance with that pop group was just lame. It seems like something catered to a 10 year old audience.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I disagree! Why would they give it to Landau?! He is not the money maker. The other two acts are!

These are primarily recording industry folks and they can't make/sell albums with the other two acts and, to be honest, the logistics involved with 40-kids (Silhouette)...and let's not get into contracts involving 40-children and their parents...is impractical. Unless the other two acts were "Terry Fator" like quality (which they are not) then it's easier to make money off a solo singer. Hence Murphy was given the grand prize.

Personally, I am glad the Silhouettes didn't win (can't see 40-girls in a Vegas style show) but I find it hard to believe that Team iLuminate finished in 3rd place.

I am just one again "stunned" that Landau "Karaoke Quality" Murphy Jr. prevailed in the voting over two much better acts; that Michael Grimm could defeat a truly once in a generation Jackie Evancho; and that Kevin "I sing like an out-of-tune Banjo" Skinner could beat anyone.

I just cannot watch another year of the "Most Talented" act not winning. And I am no longer watching this show unless they hire independent validators and auditors. In fact, the show (NBC and it's parners) should welcome this level of above-the-boards objectivity...otherwise the show is probably rigged.

Of course, I loved Clownvis so what do I know. :eek:

iLuminate lost a lot when they had to have the stage lights on with Cobra Starship. They could not do the special effects.

Practically iLuminate would have made the best Vegas act (they were all adults), and they probably could get an act if they want one. Silhouettes would be impractical with the little kids.

Well I have no interest in seeing LMJ. I still think he was a third place act. The dance acts splitting the votes is what I think sent him to the top. I could see the vote something along the line of 25/25% for the dance acts, 27% LMJ and 13% Poplyfe.

The show is rigged, that's the only way to explain it. I realized that years ago,

I told my wife two weeks ago that Landau Murphy Jr. would win, and there you go. A singer will ALWAYS win, and a singer HAS always won every season.

Terry Fator is a singer, even if he does it through puppets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)