an update on iheart radio app

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
here is what they told me today.on iheart radio app.

We currently do not have an ETA, but it's on the way! For more updates, visit: bit.ly/1Fyn7Em ^KH

keeping you upto date on what is going on?

Allen bluegras

Allen, until any real changes, it still remains coming "soon", which we all know could be years from now, or not even at all. Until it is designed and ready to launch, it is nothing more than conjecture to keep your attention.

Reactions: StevenD
Allen, until any real changes, it still remains coming "soon", which we all know could be years from now, or not even at all. Until it is designed and ready to launch, it is nothing more than conjecture to keep your attention.
i tcould be soon it could be in a month or at CES who knows.dish promised us iheart and tunein this year at CES i know scott told us the streaming app is dead i am hoping for hope that we will see two apps in the near future.very good question chad i wish i should have said it myself/

Allen, personally, I have to ask why you would care about an i(refuse to say it)radio app. The Hopper already has the much superior combination of Pandora and SiriusXM. Just my opinion, but I don't want space on my Hopper used up by a crappy FM/AM service. Now, if they added Tunein, that would be a different story. But I don't want Clear Channel (still refuse it say it) or CBS's crap services.

Allen, personally, I have to ask why you would care about an i(refuse to say it)radio app. The Hopper already has the much superior combination of Pandora and SiriusXM. Just my opinion, but I don't want space on my Hopper used up by a crappy FM/AM service. Now, if they added Tunein, that would be a different story. But I don't want Clear Channel (still refuse it say it) or CBS's crap services.
well i have to say this i cannot stand listeing to siriusxm and pandora all the time its like you got to spice your life you have many choices what to do with your life.by the chance listen to the bluegrass junction on siriusxm its the same songs every day.the reason i want tunein radio there are over 100,000 radio stations that stream on the internet listed on there.,i listen to wamu bluegrass country on my computer and internet radio.it would be nice to listen on dish also.with iiheart it would be nice to listen to WLS out o f chicago since wls is a clear channel station and wgn is also.every year i look for radio stations that are streaming and are not listed on tunein.i send them to tunein to get added to their database which is nice for radio stations to get heard on other platforms such as on your phone,tv,computers.sorry about i want different choices for music i can listen to.i heard spotify is also interested in coming to dish also.sorry to rant i understand your postion i hope you understand mine also.

Thank You... The Fat Man.

To each is own , I might look at 1 - 3 Hopper apps now. I do enjoy watching TV with my Hopper, pretty much the original intention ?? Much of the music apps are available to me on my phone (I still don't want). The only one I use on my phone is NextRadio rarely at that (came with the phone)

I think if these apps would start pushing money at Dish, that might be a different story (like Shopping Networks)

I'm sure everyone could create a list of things they want on the Hopper for themselves. Doesn't mean everyone wants them.

Steve

My Tivo project is about a week away from launch. It contains an iHearRadio app that works great. I don't understand why someone who is so hell-bent on having this product doesn't move to a platform that has it.

well i have to say this i cannot stand listeing to siriusxm and pandora all the time its like you got to spice your life you have many choices what to do with your life.by the chance listen to the bluegrass junction on siriusxm its the same songs every day.the reason i want tunein radio there are over 100,000 radio stations that stream on the internet listed on there.,i listen to wamu bluegrass country on my computer and internet radio.it would be nice to listen on dish also.with iiheart it would be nice to listen to WLS out o f chicago since wls is a clear channel station and wgn is also.every year i look for radio stations that are streaming and are not listed on tunein.i send them to tunein to get added to their database which is nice for radio stations to get heard on other platforms such as on your phone,tv,computers.sorry about i want different choices for music i can listen to.i heard spotify is also interested in coming to dish also.sorry to rant i understand your postion i hope you understand mine also.
I see where you are coming from. As music, as a whole, is a topic of which I am passionate, can you indulge me for a moment? I need to ask, what is on these local stations that is missing from Pandora or Satellite Radio, with the exception of perhaps a DJ that you really enjoy, or a local music program that plays musicians who you can't get on the current services offered? I can see that. However, if it's just for nationally or world wide released music, there's a million places to hear the same thing, including what is offered.

The issue with them being added to Tunein is that Clear Channel is greedy. They want money to have their product streamed on another service. CBS was the same way, and either they backed down or Tunein came to an agreement (more than likely option 2). The idea with Tunein is that you get world wide services, not just what Clear Channel feels is quality (trying not to laugh as I write that). I feel if you wanted more spice, that's the jackpot of the most variety of spices. I want more independently owned content. I enjoy all forms of rock from the 50s to today. For Alternative, I want something along the line of a RadioBDC or an Indie 103.1, or Q101's new multichannel service, over any watered down service put out by one of the big ownership groups, who are single handedly killing terrestrial radio.

Off the rant, I understand and respect your point. I also enjoy a quality debate over these kind of topics. Take care Allen. Look forward to discussing with you further.

I see where you are coming from. As music, as a whole, is a topic of which I am passionate, can you indulge me for a moment? I need to ask, what is on these local stations that is missing from Pandora or Satellite Radio, with the exception of perhaps a DJ that you really enjoy, or a local music program that plays musicians who you can't get on the current services offered? I can see that. However, if it's just for nationally or world wide released music, there's a million places to hear the same thing, including what is offered.

The issue with them being added to Tunein is that Clear Channel is greedy. They want money to have their product streamed on another service. CBS was the same way, and either they backed down or Tunein came to an agreement (more than likely option 2). The idea with Tunein is that you get world wide services, not just what Clear Channel feels is quality (trying not to laugh as I write that). I feel if you wanted more spice, that's the jackpot of the most variety of spices. I want more independently owned content. I enjoy all forms of rock from the 50s to today. For Alternative, I want something along the line of a RadioBDC or an Indie 103.1, or Q101's new multichannel service, over any watered down service put out by one of the big ownership groups, who are single handedly killing terrestrial radio.

Off the rant, I understand and respect your point. I also enjoy a quality debate over these kind of topics. Take care Allen. Look forward to discussing with you further.
well thank you my friend i just would like to listen to something different besides listeing to siriusxm and pandora i love tunein if i was the one creating a app for tunein i would have a search and location option so you can look for the channels you want to listen to.i know some companies are greedy i understand that.i just want someting else to listen to i know folks are telling to buy a roku and i do have one i listen to tunein and iheart radio on there also xbox one has tunein and iheart radio.why not dish is the question to ask your hopper should be number one place to watch tv and listen to music you should have the all the best apps and all hd channels that actually broadcast in hd on dish.sorry about my rant .i love talking to you guys about this i hope you understand my postion.

Reactions: lazydogmot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)