Android 2.3 starting to roll out

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Nexus One Android 2.3 Update Release Date – Today!!

You might have heard already today that Android 2.3 has been announced. We now hear that the Nexus One Android 2.3 update is now being pushed out. From what we understand, the update brings all features to the Nexus One other than what requires new hardware such as NFC and Gyroscope.

The new Android 2.3 SDK is also available as of today.

My Droid is said to not be on the list to get this version. Hopefully Pete makes one for the Droid.

My Droid is said to not be on the list to get this version. Hopefully Pete makes one for the Droid.

I can't imagine he - or someone else - would not make one.

Then there is the 2.3 update rolling out to the Droid X which is NOT gingerbread, but some bug fixes (all minor and stuff I have not been hit with) and an Android version of Madden 11. Yeah, thats what I want - a game sitting in memory as a protected app. :rolleyes:

I did manage to uninstall a bunch of the bloatware on the DX, but I had to go into the terminal emulator and mount a folder as r/w before I could do it. Not fun typing linux commands on a virtual keyboard.

Then there is the 2.3 update rolling out to the Droid X which is NOT gingerbread, but some bug fixes (all minor and stuff I have not been hit with) and an Android version of Madden 11. Yeah, thats what I want - a game sitting in memory as a protected app. :rolleyes:

I did manage to uninstall a bunch of the bloatware on the DX, but I had to go into the terminal emulator and mount a folder as r/w before I could do it. Not fun typing linux commands on a virtual keyboard.

You sure that it is 2.3 that is rolling out to the Droid X or is it 2.2.3 or something. I am pretty sure they would not be able to call it 2.3 unless it was Gingerbread without having issues.

It is an update numbered 2.3 something or other, but it is not android 2.3.

You sure that it is 2.3 that is rolling out to the Droid X or is it 2.2.3 or something. I am pretty sure they would not be able to call it 2.3 unless it was Gingerbread without having issues.

They are calling it system version 2.3.340, but Android version 2.2.1; stupid.

No ADB? I know in the past I've used a program called SDX Stock App remover or something like that, that also worked well for things like this.

I just received a message wanting me to update mine, but it won't update of course because mine is rooted. I shouldn't even get the message though or at least I thought I am not supposed to with Pete's Bugless 0.5

No ADB? I know in the past I've used a program called SDX Stock App remover or something like that, that also worked well for things like this.

I am still trying to figure out how to use ADB. I downloaded the developers kit, but have not had time to play with it. I knew from the instructions all I had to do what type in the one command to get r/w, so I turned off swype temporarily and it wasn't too bad. Once I had r/w, I was able to use root explorer to go through the files and rename the ones I did not want to have running anymore. Ironically root explorer would permit me to make the actual root directory r/w, but not any of the subfolders.

Sprint's $2.5 Billion Network Improvement Plan Hints At LTE

Jailbreaking iPhone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)