Another new SEC filing (CVC 8-k): Closing of Rainbow DBS business has been delayed!

I'm off topic too...

justalurker said:
Thanks for sharing. Not on topic for the thread and posted in another thread before, but at least you didn't compare your own standards with any individual other poster.
BTW: It's D*, E* and V* - not *D, *E and *V
JL
vjoy.gif

Oh, Happy Day!
gutter said:
JL...I never posted that thread anywhere else. I stand corrected with the *D *V *E. You keep things off topic and go in different directions. When you are challenged...you just ignore it to substitute your own facts. By the way...you are off topic as well.

Justalurker, again your current tagline belies your intent. A smiley face, or even a lot of them, does not disguise you--no matter what expression you put on it.
henker.gif

Lobstah said:
Losing money isn't the reason that CVC is getting rid of VOOM. This argument has been made over and over here.
The reason that CVC is getting rid of VOOM is that they don't expect it to be profitable, for whatever reason, in the future. That's their decision...it's a risk assesment, plain and simple. And looking into the future, they don't believe the payoff is there.

Lob

I think you're mistaken. How many articles have you read in the last few weeks that harp on the snippet "drain on Cablevision funds".

That sounds pretty clear to me that the red ink today is the primary concern. When and where did someone with the CVC board state that the business plan was now recognized as flawed? What makes the landscape different today versus 3-4 years ago when this was just a whiteboard idea? HDTV is about to reach critical mass. If anything I say the concept is more viable today than it was a few years ago.

Vicki said:
Justalurker, again your current tagline belies your intent. A smiley face, or even a lot of them, does not disguise you--no matter what expression you put on it.
Voom is being investigated by the SEC (as I predicted over a month ago). Is saying "Oh Happy Day" not on target?

JL
vmd.gif

justalurker said:
I know both of them, and they were married long before I was born.

JL

Lurking.gif

justalurker said:
Voom is being investigated by the SEC (as I predicted over a month ago). Is saying "Oh Happy Day" not on target?

JL
vmd.gif
It is Cablevision that is being "informally" investigated.

gutter said:
It is Cablevision that is being "informally" investigated.
The only part of Cablevision being investigated is Voom.
The SEC has requested certain information for the period November 1, 2004 through January 20, 2005 relating to the company's December 21, 2004 and January 20, 2005 disclosures concerning the suspension of the spin-off of Rainbow Media Enterprises and the agreement to sell assets of
Rainbow DBS to EchoStar.
I know you will want to deny it, but it's about Voom.

JL
vmd.gif

JL...sweetiepie..can we talk tomorrow?...cause I'm pretty sure the Mods will need to pull my post...and I want to give them plenty of advance warning that I am tired of "playing nice". Chaio, baby. Sleep tight! Vicki :)

justalurker said:
The only part of Cablevision being investigated is Voom.
The SEC has requested certain information for the period November 1, 2004 through January 20, 2005 relating to the company's December 21, 2004 and January 20, 2005 disclosures concerning the suspension of the spin-off of Rainbow Media Enterprises and the agreement to sell assets of
Rainbow DBS to EchoStar.
I know you will want to deny it, but it's about Voom.

JL
vmd.gif

Since you're splitting hairs, the SEC investigation is about the canceled spinoff of Rainbow Media and the sale of certain assets to EchoStar. Voom wasn't sold to EchoStar, so a standing strike 1 there and Voom is but one part of Rainbow, so a swing and miss for strike 2 there. A secondary investigation has to do with stock sales involving Cablevision shares, so I say strike 3.

Thanks for playing......next batter.

VOOM isn't a company so it can't be investigated. Cablevision is being investigated for it's disclosures in the spin-off and potential sale to E*

Cablevision is the company that made those disclosures not VOOM.

Hmm, first JL babbles on like he is a member of the CVC board. Now you would think he is part of the SEC investigation team. This guy is truly a legend in his own mind. For someone who is not even a sub he sure thinks he knows a lot. Don't racoons spend most of their time rumaging through trash (the E* channel line-up qualifies in that regard).

I think that maybe the point is, if there wasn't a VOOM, there wouldn't be an investigation right now. It's the boards actions regarding VOOM that have triggered the investigation? :)

If you're going to beat him up...at LEAST come up with something better than semantics? Too many rings on the tail...mask too small...smells funny?

Lob

Lob, you're no better than he is because you both stir it up with such weak complaints. How about tossing out a beef that's more than semantics to begin with? Wild-ass speculation and half-baked theories are OK, as long as YOU are posting it?

What's next, you start bitching about spelling and bad punctuation, then whine when people point out the obvious that you're anal?

Since JL is no help, can YOU point me to any SEC statements which specifically mention Voom or specifically state their objections to the spinoff plan of Dec. '04? Can YOU explain why the SEC is supposedly investigating their own actions? I've asked three of you now for a simple answer to support your argument.

How's that for keeping it on topic and getting to the heart of the issue?

Lobstah,

Certain Voomers are unable to contain their emotions. That's why they keep falling back on the silly attacks on me. Note the thread when Cablevision board shut down the Voom.com website. More than a dozen posts saying derogatory things about me before I had posted one word in that or any other thread on the subject. I encapsulated some of it in post 255 of that thread.

And note that their comments are false. They make it sound like I'm dancing around singing "Ding Dong the Voom is Dead". I'm not. I have made direct comments to the contrary. And I'll make them again - I'm not rallying for Voom to die. But I am accepting that the current events are extremely negative toward Voom's continuance.

Every time one of those Voom trolls makes a personal attack it makes it harder to desire anything good for them. Yes, a dozen people posting attacks makes me not care that 26,000 may lose their service at the end of the month. Those Voomers would do a lot better by following Sean's lead and direction. I don't hate Voom, don't give me a reason to hate Voomers. We are not here to hate each other.

JL
vmd.gif

State of the Vooming

Doesnt anybody here find it kinda fraudulent that someone is still trying to sell subscriptions to a satellite service that just recently sold its satellite and uplink center??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)