MORE BREAKING NEWS: Cablevision files SEC Form 8-K

davis_mcgreaw said:
Vooms programming is dead as well....they already started laying off some of the freelance emplyess in the production department.

You do not know what you are talking about. First time poster to say nothing but a lie. Makes me laugh! :)

davis_mcgreaw said:
ACtuaully I worked for Voom and I was one of the people that got laid off

Actually, I would prefer if you give Davis the benefit of the doubt. Davis can you share with us in which division you worked and whether you worked for Rainbow Media? Was your laid off done before the sale or after the sale of Rainbow 1 (1/20/05)? When you say programming is dead? Do you mean the division you worked for is dead or do you mean that the entire programming department is gone? If you do not feel that this should be conducted on public please PM me or send me an email. Thanks.

Sean Mota said:
Actually, I would prefer if you give Davis the benefit of the doubt. Davis can you share with us in which division you worked and whether you worked for Rainbow Media? Was your laid off done before the sale or after the sale of Rainbow 1 (1/20/05)? When you say programming is dead? Do you mean the division you worked for is dead or do you mean that the entire programming department is gone? If you do not feel that this should be conducted on public please PM me or send me an email. Thanks.

He should have stated the fact that he is the primary source in his post. Then I would have not blown him off so quickly. Sorry Davis. :eek:

Indy said:
You do not know what you are talking about. First time poster to say nothing but a lie. Makes me laugh! :)

Dude, just because you have this hope that Voom will survive does that make it right to attack people, I suspect that we may be seeing a few more posts from former Voom employees soon enough.

I suspect that this forum may be getting a few more posts from former Voom employees, it is human nature when you get fired/laid off and a little peeved about it that they would want to vent or rant about it.

I work(ed) (still 4 more days) in the Promos department for Voom21 which is part of Ranibow. They told myself and at least 7 or 8 other freelancers that this week is going to be their last. The annoucement came last friday the 21st. Also I know that each of the indidual departments are having meetings with their respective Vice President. Will post when I hear more about those meetings today

Davis, If your posting here and using your own name, don't be surprised if you are shown the door today. Voom hates leaks!

jame_.5. The $1500 is a loaded number. It's way off in the future said:
No that is a real numer that cable systems use to evaluate and that was from 10 years ago. Cable subs have options too but that value is still placed on them and I have read that is also used for Satellite subs as well. You can knock it all you want but we represent real value and grow to someone. The offers will happen and they will be nice. But the decision like a cable subsriber is all yours.

justalurker said:
$1500 ...There is no value in quoting a 10 year old alleged number. The market was entirely different 10 years ago.

JL

i remember reading in one for the articles that stated that charles dolan might sell the cable company and that each sub would be worth between $4000-$4,500.

now taken that figure and cvc had approx 3million subs at 4000 a sub that would be $12,000,000,000 with 12 billion i think charles could found voom for a few more years :D

hbk409 said:
i remember reading in one for the articles that stated that charles dolan might sell the cable company and that each sub would be worth between $4000-$4,500.

now taken that figure and cvc had approx 3million subs at 4000 a sub that would be $12,000,000,000 with 12 billion i think charles could found voom for a few more years :D
That still makes the assumption that a national satellite provider is worth the same as a NY cable subscriber. Cablevision is NOT selling their cable outlet to support Voom. They are selling Voom assets to cut their losses.

JL

justalurker said:
That still makes the assumption that a national satellite provider is worth the same as a NY cable subscriber. Cablevision is NOT selling their cable outlet to support Voom. They are selling Voom assets to cut their losses.

JL

there has been talk that charles dolan is so feed up with his son and other board memebers that he might sell the cable company

hbk409 said:
there has been talk that charles dolan is so feed up with his son and other board memebers that he might sell the cable company

And it is because of his son and other board members that it could get a better price based on the stock's increase.

hbk409 said:

And it is because of his son and other board members that it could get a better price based on the stock's increase.

hbk409 said:

I have a few friends that are fairly well placed at Cablevision that have each told me seperately that while there are obviously some sore points between Jim and Chuck, the reports in the media of a full blown feud between them have been wildly overstated.

The consensus among them is that the board and Jim were mostly trying to save Chuck from himself. In the end, some of his anger was mitigated by the ~$100MM boost to his net worth that occurred after the sale was announced.

justalurker said:

JL

You who know it all. here is a quote from Tom Eagan back in October of 2004 from DBS talk and evaluation of Subscribers. Suck on this.

"If VOOM grows to more than 200,000 subscribers in the next 15 months, Eagan put the satellite TV service's valuation per subscriber in the $1,000 to $1,200 range. That's below the $1,550 average subscriber valuation for DirecTV and EchoStar, but it translates to an overall valuation for the VOOM service at between $300 million and $600 million. "

Here is the link for the full text http://www.dbstalk.com/archive/index.php/t-33834.html

Granted that it wouldn't get the $30m .... note that is is not for the hard assets but for the subscribers. My point is VOOM may probably go dark..but before it does... someone will wind with a potential multimilliondollarss in added assets of the VOOM subscribers and they are soft assets to the company just as DISH or DIRECT subscribers are soft assets to their service and salable and marketable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)