Another plus for Primetime Anytime

darrengs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2012
NJ
I had given up on watching the Amazing Race, because it was always starting late due to football games. It was a pain to record I would have to pad the ending some ridiculous amount in order to ensure getting the whole program and on my old 2 tuner DirecTV HR22, it would cause conflicts. So last night I see it in my PTAT listings and decided to watch it. Of course it started late, but I was able to just keep watching it in its entirety right passed the normal end time.

That works for the Amazing Race because PrimeTime AnyTime records The Good Wife after it.
What happens with The Mentalist. The Mentalist is scheduled from 9:00 - 10:00 but when the football
games run late The Mentalist will be later also. Will PrimeTime Anytime record the entire The Mentalist
or will it stop at 10:00 in the middle of The Mentalist?

Mark

Since the Mentalist is now scheduled from 9:30 to 10:30 on the nights CBS has two games in the afternoon the recording will go to 10:30 before stopping.

That works for the Amazing Race because PrimeTime AnyTime records The Good Wife after it.
What happens with The Mentalist. The Mentalist is scheduled from 9:00 - 10:00 but when the football
games run late The Mentalist will be later also. Will PrimeTime Anytime record the entire The Mentalist
or will it stop at 10:00 in the middle of The Mentalist?

Mark

I figured I would have to watch the "good Wife" to catch the end, but was pleasantly surprised when it just kept going.

Is Primetime Anytime available with the Welcome Package? Just curious, this would be nice to have. Also does it only work with the Hopper or can I get it on my VIP722?

I don't have any timers set up for the Sunday night programming, but I do have PTAT enabled. When I checked my PTAT copy of The Mentalist, it looks correct. It's the expected length, and starts with the start of the show.

Since the Mentalist is now scheduled from 9:30 to 10:30 on the nights CBS has two games in the afternoon the recording will go to 10:30 before stopping.

I thought that was because of NBC's Sunday Night Football. The Mentalist still showed as 10-11 ET in my guide...

I set up two timers for the Good Wife and The Mentalist and added an hour to each for padding. So if the endless football games go over, it will still record the shows . I disabled PTAT on Saturdays and Sundays and only use about 4 timers on Sundays anyway. Saturdays are dead nights with repeats and or sports related ,so no need to record this crap on 4 networks.

samalex said:
Is Primetime Anytime available with the Welcome Package? Just curious, this would be nice to have. Also does it only work with the Hopper or can I get it on my VIP722?

It is a feature of the Hopper.

Would they even give you hopper with the welcome pack? I couldn't see it being even worth their install costs it would take like 2 years to pay for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)