Another retrans fight. This has gotten very old

All I wanted is a breakdown, and why would I disputes information if it's factual?

So by you choosing not to post it, Then apparently you have a problem with your own figures.

And that's fine.
I know my rates.
He's not needing to give you a breakdown because I linked his breakdown post back in post#52.

Reactions: Tampa8
And in that thread is the statements by installers that indeed VIP receivers are installed much of the time. The saving are so big it's just that hard to believe I guess. :biggrin
If the savings were about the same then as I am saying now, and both have raised the package prices the same, and in fact Direct TV has raised their receiver fees and DISH did not, what makes the savings we are showing you now not correct?

VIP receivers are still available to new customers, and their dvr fee is only $7 still. The hopper is $12 with each Joey being $7 and each additional hopper being $12. If you have hopper and super Joey and 3 joeys(5 rooms and 5 tuners), you will pay $43 in fees. With DTV $15 dvr fee, and $6.50 for all 5 rooms, it is $47.50. RSNs come with dish no fee. DTV, $3.63. That's already a savings difference of $8.13. Now I haven't been to the DTV website, so what is their comparison to AT250??

Reactions: Troch77
Off-topic, but from the same report linked above, Dish says:

"The decrease in hardware costs per activation was driven by a reduction in manufacturing costs for next generation Hopper receiver systems and a higher percentage of remanufactured receivers being activated on new subscriber accounts."

Reactions: Tampa8 and ChadT41
VIP receivers are still available to new customers, and their dvr fee is only $7 still. The hopper is $12 with each Joey being $7 and each additional hopper being $12. If you have hopper and super Joey and 3 joeys(5 rooms and 5 tuners), you will pay $43 in fees. With DTV $15 dvr fee, and $6.50 for all 5 rooms, it is $47.50. RSNs come with dish no fee. DTV, $3.63. That's already a savings difference of $8.13. Now I haven't been to the DTV website, so what is their comparison to AT250??
Ultimate is $86.99
If Tampa would just repost his real time account pricing we wouldn't have to go through all this.
It was a simple request.

Ultimate is $86.99
If Tampa would just repost his real time account pricing we wouldn't have to go through all this.
It was a simple request.
One room.
Top 250 79.99
DVR fee $10 CORRECTED to $7
Total $90 CORRECTED to $87

Ultimate $81.99
Fees DVR $15
Fees First Receiver $6
RSN fee (for me and many) $3
Total $103.00 or $106.00
Savings with DISH of $16 to $18 a month, nearly $200 a year.

Savings will increase some after both raise their rates. You can pick any two comparable packages as DISH is generally $2 to $3 dollars less no matter the package. Sling can be used without additional monthly charge. VIP 612 has built in OTA receiver.

This is from the other thread by Tampa.

Reactions: navychop
So now with a 5 room setup we are at a savings of $10.13 per month on standard price. That's $121.56 per year. That's a savings. More than one month of service.

Reactions: Tampa8
Here is my Price breakdown.
uploadfromtaptalk1443551713447.png

If you want Redzone with DTV, it will cost $200-300 for the ST, if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if they have a separate sports package for all the RSNs or if that $3.63 would go towards ALL sports channels. Either way, the difference is very much proven at this point even with your breakdown.

If you want Redzone with DTV, it will cost $200-300 for the ST, if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if they have a separate sports package for all the RSNs or if that $3.63 would go towards ALL sports channels. Either way, the difference is very much proven at this point even with your breakdown.
Not really sure what Red Zone has to do with this conversation.
But okay.

In my area the $3.63 would give SNY, MSG, MSG+ Root Pittsburgh YES network and Big Ten
Since I'm not a fan of those and I found a package with Dish that is cheaper then directv , Not by $180 but maybe $100 for now, and $40 per year in 2 years.

But certainly if I was going to tell someone $180 I would certainly provide the up to date information.
Simple request
I would flat out make sure I wasn't implying you are getting "Like" services for $180 a year less.
With (6 "tuners" )2 VIPs with OTA, and no whole home services.

Not sure what you are giving Tampa8 a hard time about. Obviously his post was from January but the only difference in the numbers is the increase from 79.99 to 84.99 for AT250, which you already know about since you are paying that now.

Not sure what you are giving Tampa8 a hard time about. Obviously his post was from January but the only difference in the numbers is the increase from 79.99 to 84.99 for AT250, which you already know about since you are paying that now.
I asked a simple question and he refused and got all defensive, so I don't need his information anymore. Thanks anyway.

And if Directv doesn't charge you $15 for one HR
The Choice package is only $81.12 with all the fees.

Now I don't know if that fee exist on a one room HD DVR service.

There was an argument on Facebook about that if all you have is a genie, the costs are the same, minus the additional rooms, as it is for the capability, not the actual use.

And the similar increase for the Direct TV package. Once he started making up things about grandfathered receivers and fees I realized there was no way for him to be objective.

And if Directv doesn't charge you $15 for one HR
The Choice package is only $81.12 with all the fees.

Now I don't know if that fee exist on a one room HD DVR service.

They charge you $15 for one receiver, and choice is a lower package than the Top250, isn't $81.12 though if you are saying you are going to include fees it could be that I do not know, and it in fact is two packages lower than the Top 250. Choice is also by looking at the site is a lower package than the Top 200. Since you refuse to just go to the sites and see for yourself you are not credible.
Everything I posted about the cost is 100% correct, I don't need to show you my bill, I have never posted my bill online. The facts are easy enough for you to get without me posting something then you refuting it with false info.

Last edited:

Dish Anywhere help.

Q re DISH Network hard drive format / drive swapping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts