Any FTA sources in Akron/Canton OH area?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RLuyster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Canton OH USA
Does anyone here know of anyone in the general Akron/Canton Ohio area that sells and installs FTA satellite setups?

Also, are there generally installers who will set up equipment that is purchased from internet sources such as those mentioned in these forums or is everything pretty much sales and installation combined?

I am wanting to get started in FTA but would need someone to install the dish and rotor. I'm in my 60s and don't want to be climbing on roofs etc. :)

Thanks!

You can buy FTA systems online from a dealer of your choice, someone that will be there WHEN you need a few pointers, then get a local installer to do the installation, make sure they have done a Ku band motorized system before you hire them, ask what kind of satellite meter they have and post it here and we will be able to tell if it will work for a ku band install, most DirecTV/Dish network installers don't carry such satellite identification meters, its not essential but it makes a motor mount install take about two minutes, good luck and let us know how your getting on with your adventure in FTA satellite!

Looks like you will have to try Yellow Pages!

Progress report...I finally found someone who does FTA system installation locally. I had a rather lengthy conversation with him and am generally satisfied that he can do a motorized installation properly. He does all kinds of installations for DirecTv, Dish and does C band and Ku band also, including some Ku recently for one of the colleges in this area. I ordered a Pansat 2500A system today with Winegard 30' dish and motor. So I guess I'm on my way. Thanks, PSB for the information and encouragement! Will keep you posted as to how the installation goes etc.

Smashing! Keep us posted this will help a lot of people, thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts