Any interesting offers from Adelphia??

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
I'm reading some threads about people getting great offers from directv and timewarner and comcast, but my local cable company Adelphia wouldn't budge off their standard rates and aren't offering anything special to anyone according to what they told me.

I'm wondering if anyone else has been able to get any decent offers from them?

I live in South Florida and they offered my HD DVR, complete package in one TV(hdtv), digital cable on the other 2 TVs, installation all for either 1 year contract or no contract if I pay 1st months bill in advance....which it came out to $79 and change....

Here's a quote from another poster about the offer he was made from comcast: "Comcast Digital Silver Package which includes one premium (HBO) @ 70.95/month
HD-DVR which obviously includes their HD channels (locals, INHD1&2,ESPNHD,DISCHD) @ 9.95/month

all that for $34.99/month for 12 months."

Now why can't adelphia do anything like this?

I just called them again, and this time they were willing to "give" me the basic package for 29.95/mo (normally 52.49/mo according to the CSR) for 11 months. No other enticements. HD-DVR would be 12.95/mo, no offers on premiums or anything else. Oh, I get the install for 9.95. Big deal...the cables are already run...they just need to screw in the coax in the junction box outside.

salsadancer7 said:
I live in South Florida and they offered my HD DVR, complete package in one TV(hdtv), digital cable on the other 2 TVs, installation all for either 1 year contract or no contract if I pay 1st months bill in advance....which it came out to $79 and change....

what part of south florida? And did you order it?

I'm waiting till the last week of the month. The OTA I get is minimal, so I want something by the time voom goes dark, and since adelphia has no contracts, I've got little to lose by signing up with them.

Here's the DEAL!!!

Just this week I received a, "Come Back to Adelphia and We'll Give You Up to $240 Off Your Bill" flyer. This offer is only available to new or former residential customers. Basically, the promotional price of Classic Cable is $24.95 for the first 12 months. I'm taking delivery of 3 SA8300HD DVR's this Friday. Of course, I'll only have 12 HD channels...but it's the best I can do without VOOM.

Just call 1-866-NO DISH4 (1-866-663-4744) and tell them about the offer.

Hope this helps...

cool. Takes another 5 bucks off the offer I got. What's your total come out to with all the premiums and everything?

Classic Cable does not include Digital Basic. Correct? Another $20 or so as I understand.
Plus another $5 for the HD pack. Right?

Well, I was quoted 29.95/mo for whatever is normally 52.49/mo. I have to assume that's for digital basic. I can't imagine 52.49 would be for just basic analog...although with adelphia I wouldn't put it past them considering they do have the rep of being one of the worst in the country, if not the absolute worst.

How much do the charge for the HD DVR?

Nice info Riff...! I called adelphia only for a quote and was extremely dissapointed, in in in colorado springs and adelphia was my last provider, got voom almost when it first came out so its been a while since i have went threw adelphia, but anyways i told them i was thinking about returning and wanted a quote and also asked if there were any promotions.. The guy didn't say anything about promotions, but i should say i use adelphia for my internet service which is AWESOME so i told the guy that i would want to get a quote on your Ultimate Package which is Everything EveryChannel and also i wanted 1 HD DVR, and a regular digital box for my bedroom and of course the hd channels.. So listen to this price $130.58 for the Ultimate Pack which is All channels expect for HD ones and Cable internet service, So $130.58 + $5.00 for the hd channels, $12.95 month for HD-DVR + $3.80 for digital box for bedroom, + Tax also.. So like $155 or sooo. And what really made me mad was i asked at the end of the conversation Install is Free Correct? He said no, $29.99 to turn on cable outside, and $19.99 per outlet to activate inside the house.. I hung up then i was madddd... I think it was just a horrible CSR that i spoke with, but wouldn't u think they would of quoted me a better deal than that for Wanting to have all the services they have to offer?? Every Channel and their internet??

springs, just one example of why adelphia is known as the worst cable company in the USA.

I really really hate them, but unfortunately, they may very well be my best option for HD at the moment....god this is killing me.

Ok, here is what I was quoted:

Gold Pack (all analog + digital basic plus + 2 premium packs)
$49.95 for 12 months, $74.95 after that.
HD-DVR Combo $7.95
HD Plus $4.95

Total before taxes: $62.85

$29.95 installation
$19.95 for each additional outlet installed

Sounds reasonable to me.

Correction: As I was told later, the DVR charge is required, which is additional $4.95 a month.
So, the revised total is $67.85 or so...

Ilya, are you in south florida too? I wonder why the discrepancy? Or is it pretty much the same offer? If the premium packs are 10/each, then it makes sense. I was quoted 9.95 for install though and 12.95 for the dvr. I wonder though if that included the HD programming? I don't know...on the face of it they seem close, but not exact. They don't seem to be very consistent on their offers right now.
BTW, who are you guys calling? I called the customer service number on the adelphia.com website.

Here's what I'm getting quoted from Adelphia in MA:

Bronze: $58.55 - 118 channels - No premium channels
Silver: $68.55 - 130 channels - 1 premium channel
Gold: $79.55 - 160 channels - 2 premium channels
Ultimate $93.55 - 200 channels - 4 premium channels

HD DVR - $7.95 for the first box + $4.95 for montly DVR service
2nd HD DVR - $9.95
Additional Non-HD digital boxes - $6.50

I was told installation was free if the house was already cable - ready. Actually I think installation will be free for me because Adelphia is already my ISP but I may well be wrong. I was told that if I need any internal cabling then I would get charged $29.95. After I pressed for any specials - again - this time I was told that I would get one month of free service.

This CSR didn't know which HD DVR they were currently offering but thought it might be a new Motorola - I thought they only offered the SA 8300 HD so I'd be interested what anyone else learns.

For me Adelphia has 18 HD channels but...
  • One is NFLNet which I found to be completely worthless.
  • 5 of the channels are locals which I get fine off the air already.
  • No TNTHD or UHD or WealthHD or PlayboyHD among others
on the other hand...
  • They offer NESN which is the New England Sports Network
  • They also have ESPN2 in HD - not sure what I'll get to see on this station but I like sport channels so its better than nothing.
  • They have INHD and HDNET.

I am in Cleveland, OH area. I called a couple of different numbers including the one mentioned above, but my impression is that they all go to the same national call center.

A couple of days ago I was told that the HD-DVR combo was 7.95, but I would also need to pay 4.95 for the DVR service (???). So the total was $12.90.
Today, they didn't ask for any additional DVR service fee, no matter how many times I asked. But it is possible that I was mislead on this. In any case, no big deal for me.

HD Plus programming is additional $4.95 (INHD, HDNet, etc. Up to 18 HD channels. See the entire list here.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts