Any OTA updates !!

eddwall

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
Scott, you have hinted that we may have the software already...and we have seen pictures of
the OTA adapter.

Any updates of the status of the OTA adapter??

Does Dish need test pilots for a OTA project??

Thanks for any updates. !!!!

If the software might already be on there has anyone tried the usb tuners that are out there for the heck of it to see if they work?

I thought that DISH would prefer that we buy their ota usb tuners ,rather than off the shelf. Like they did with the Vip ota modules.

Are you saying they are going to support an off-the-shelf unit based on a specific chipset like what they do with the wi-fi dongle, rather than that ginormous thing they demoed at the Summit?
Is it opposite day today? :)

No it will only support the OTA tuner shown at Team Summit.

Well do we know which company made the one that they had at the team summit? Did anyone take pictures of the thing? Does echo star make it or just some other company that we could get our hands on one. If they might have the software in the machines already why doesn't someone try it out. I would at least like to see the prototype. Someone has to have a picture somewhere. I know I'm kinda wanting espionage but I'm getting ready to lose ABC. So I kinda need a USB dongle.

Last edited:
That picture is around here somewhere... IIRC there were no clues as to chipset. From the size of the thing, I expect this to be a traditional tuner in a can, and not a silicon tuner.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Is it opposite day today? :)

No it will only support the OTA tuner shown at Team Summit.

Not to be facetious.
But every day at Dish is opposite day.

Sent from my fingers.

Here are photos.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ultimately it was easier for them to support one chipset. I wouldn't expect it to cost over $50.

$50 is a lot if it only will have one OTA tuner, and we will need to buy one for each hopper.

Plus, I have a couple of dual OTA tuners from my 922 and 722k sitting on a shelf. I think I spent $35 or $50 for each of those. I wonder if I will be able to sell those on ebay?

Looking forward to when it is available, some decent sub channels are available in our area

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)