Any portable HD format players coming?

I dont know of many portable regular dvd players that have screen sizes as big as most laptops with HD capability. So the difference would be less

Also have to keep in mind that some of the difference you are seeing in your computers is the fact that the graphics are different sizes - they take up more of the screen at a lower resolution, which makes the difference much more apparent. With a movie, the same picture is on the screen either way, so it comes down to whether or not you can make out the difference in pixel count with the same picture.

Also have to keep in mind that some of the difference you are seeing in your computers is the fact that the graphics are different sizes - they take up more of the screen at a lower resolution, which makes the difference much more apparent. With a movie, the same picture is on the screen either way, so it comes down to whether or not you can make out the difference in pixel count with the same picture.

Actually I was talking about SD and HD movies on the laptop. The HD movies happen to be my own home movies (and only 720P) but the difference is significant. Ive also seen some sample short movies I've seen at 1080i on it. Of course my laptop screen is about 14 inches (diagonal) rather than only 7.

ONUOsFan you have made some tech & logical points in this thread but nothing that would show the value of a 7 inch HD screen and the added cost with nothing visual to gain and I doubt in the player will have a 7.1 system included.

Actually I was talking about SD and HD movies on the laptop. The HD movies happen to be my own home movies (and only 720P) but the difference is significant. Ive also seen some sample short movies I've seen at 1080i on it. Of course my laptop screen is about 14 inches (diagonal) rather than only 7.
Which would make a large difference. At 7, it would be very hard to tell.

ONUOsFan you have made some tech & logical points in this thread but nothing that would show the value of a 7 inch HD screen and the added cost with nothing visual to gain and I doubt in the player will have a 7.1 system included.

I'm not sure you read anything I wrote, since my point was that there would be no "value" in having a portable HD-format player on a small screen, other than the fact that you wouldn't have to buy the same movie twice - one for the house and one for the car/van...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)