Any Way To Add Ntsc Analog Channel 3 To Atsc On Coax ?

DRCars

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2010
Southern USA
I supply my neighbor with TV signal from my antenna via a distribution amp and 200 ft. RG 6 cable (he can't manage to get all the channels that I can). Sometimes he also enjoys watching things that I am watching on my BUD satellite system. To do that I send the satellite composite signal to a VCR, hook his coax to it, and use the VCR's modulator to send him an SD NTSC feed. Sometimes I forget to hook him back up to the TV signal.:rollingeyes

Is there any way to add that signal (Ch 3) to the TV antenna signal without messing it up?

I think I tried a combiner and the results were terribly bad.

DRCars

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
The most common method is use a Channel 3/4 modulator and a 2 way splitter in reverse as a combiner. The hard part is what channels (actual) are in use by local broadcasters If you were to have a 35-1 channel that actually broadcast on Channel 4 that would kill the combiner idea.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Doesn't the FCC require that either 3 or 4 be unused in every market?

DRCars

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2010
Southern USA
I think so. Anyway the lowest channel in use in my area is RF channel 7.

I recall trying the reversed splitter (as combiner) and something was amiss. Since that is what is being suggested I guess I could try it again in case I SNAFUed something when I tried it before.

Edit: Guess I was right, I must have SNAFUed something when I tried it before. It seems to work just fine now.

Thanks for affirming it should work....It does.

DRCars

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
They still make NTSC channel 3 combiners. Check Ebay

can combine ASTC and channel 3 into one cable with no signal loss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)