Any way to make 722 sort of behave like a Tivo?

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
As in I'd like to have it record a set number of action movies...on Stars and Cinemax....Of course I don't want to have to go sort them out....

I'd just like to say "record some NEWer action movies, keep 10 of them on at all times and I'll watch what I'd like"

I'm going to keep searching but I couldn't find it in the 10 mins I've spent looking ;)

As in I'd like to have it record a set number of action movies...on Stars and Cinemax....Of course I don't want to have to go sort them out....

I'd just like to say "record some NEWer action movies, keep 10 of them on at all times and I'll watch what I'd like"

I'm going to keep searching but I couldn't find it in the 10 mins I've spent looking ;)
Buy a stand alone TiVo and set it up on Tuner1.

How is the TiVO going to change the channels? TiVO's are intended for cable users. You can use them with satellite, but you loose most of the features.
A Series2 Tivo should work with Dish, albeit in SD only. It shouldn't have any problems changing the channel on a Dish receiver.

That said I doubt this is the solution the OP was hoping for (not that he can get it from a 722 either--DishPass ain't that flexible).

--
Mike

yea i was hoping more for the 722 to just grab action movies

Sorta like the browse button it has.

It knows what movies are action and which are not, so why can't they just make it so that it will record all of one theme.

While that might be TOO much, when you setup a dish pass you can tell it Only certain channels and only a certain number of events.

So say I want 10 action movies on my dvr at all times, only from Stars and Max. if they would just link the "browse theme" to the "dish pass" thing it could work.

Seems like most of the actual work is done on it.

Get the Dish Flix magazine($1.95) for the premium movie channels + top 250 pack movies. Then go through and circle all the movies that you want in the action variety. Then program the dvr to record said movies. THat's how I do it. IT means I actually have to read the movie list for all 4 premium movie channels and set the movie timers myself but I record what I want. I 've been doing it this way for years.

You could also search on dish network for the movies you want to see.

This option is free and we all like the free option.

Maybe this type of option could be added in the future after the Tivo lawsuit gets settled and Dish gets access to some of TV's options.

I've had a TiVo SA Series 2 hooked up to my 622 and now my 211 from day one.

It works seamlessly, and changes channels with an IR blaster, that's why you can't use it on TV2.

How is the TiVO going to change the channels? TiVO's are intended for cable users. You can use them with satellite, but you loose most of the features.

That is just not true. TIVO (pre series 3) works fine with satellite also. However since I want HD it is not something that I would consider for myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts