Any word on android tranfers

thought it would have happened by now

Here is hoping our Android brethren get this sooner rather than later it is such a neat feature. It is so nice having sports center, and baseball tonight sitting on my iPad for me in the morning to take to work. I can't imagine a world without it now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As talked about in the original thread the HDMI can be blocked on an Apple device and hard to overcome. On Android that limitation is easily bypassed. That may be the reason.

Here is hoping our Android brethren get this sooner rather than later it is such a neat feature. It is so nice having sports center, and baseball tonight sitting on my iPad for me in the morning to take to work. I can't imagine a world without it now.
At work, I can just use my work pc. But, it might be nice to bring to the dog park, or for air trips.

As talked about in the original thread the HDMI can be blocked on an Apple device and hard to overcome. On Android that limitation is easily bypassed. That may be the reason.

Actually on a jailbroken device it's quite easy to bypass.

I don't know enough about Apple devices to know if jailbreaking will accomplish bypassing the HDMI out block. Point is, with an Android no jailbreak is needed. Most users do not jailbreak their device, hard to believe most would to get a way to bypass this.

I don't know enough about Apple devices to know if jailbreaking will accomplish bypassing the HDMI out block. Point is, with an Android no jailbreak is needed. Most users do not jailbreak their device, hard to believe most would to get a way to bypass this.

Jailbreaking can give you the opportunity to easily bypass the block without a doubt. Most don't jailbreak, then again most don't do anything with their phone/tablet other than talk/text/web on it. Android or Apple.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Jailbreaking can give you the opportunity to easily bypass the block without a doubt. Most don't jailbreak, then again most don't do anything with their phone/tablet other than talk/text/web on it. Android or Apple.
Mostly true. But, there is quite a lot of modifying going on with Android phones/tablets. It's one of the reasons people choose it over iStuff. Whereas, most iUsers choose iStuff because it works, it's easy to use, and they have no desire to change anything.

I would bet a dollar that the percentage of Android users who modify their devices (root, unlock, sideload, etc) is orders of magnitude greater than the percentage of iUsers who do the same.

Well, either way there's still a significant amount of jailbreakers. evasi0n alone was downloaded seven million times in just the first four days.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Is the PQ on a transferred program even tolerable on a large screen?

My Tablet is 720P output. I can't download Dish stuff, but something like Youtube that is in HD looks great. Really no different than coming from a Rouku or Neo etc... If the source is good it gets passed on that way. I watch Eurovision each year and it looked very good from my Tablet to my TV via HDMI. That allowed me to use my laptop while watching.

My Tablet is 720P output. I can't download Dish stuff, but something like Youtube that is in HD looks great.

So's mine, but that doesn't help if the Hopper Transfer app reduces resolution before it gets to your iPad. Or are you talking about your Android tablet? If you are instead talking about the Dish Anywhere app on Android, then my Skytex Skypad Alpha 2 running ICS doesn't look all that great on my HDTV, and I see no option to stream in HD.

I'd love to know how well it displays on a larger screen, too. Say, about 32"?

You guys are getting me to consider jailbreaking! What next, 5 mph over the limit? ;)

I'd love to know how well it displays on a larger screen, too. Say, about 32"?

You guys are getting me to consider jailbreaking! What next, 5 mph over the limit? ;)

If you still have 6.1.2 or below DO IT! Just make sure you know what you're doing before installing tons of tweaks. I personally would probably switch to Android if my iDevices weren't jailbroken. With the jailbreak I have the best of both worlds, the stability of iOS and the flexibility of Android. Sometimes I like to go 10mph over :p .

As for iPad transfers quality on HDTV, I haven't personally tried it but I think it would look OK on a 32 inch but not so sure about any larger. It's about the same quality as Sling with a good connection.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

As for iPad transfers quality on HDTV, I haven't personally tried it but I think it would look OK on a 32 inch but not so sure about any larger. It's about the same quality as Sling with a good connection.

Well, which Sling are you referring to? Sling Adapter to DishAnywhere set to HD running in a browser on a PC over your local LAN? Or Sling Adapter to the DishAnywhere app on a tablet, for which no HD setting exists?

Well, which Sling are you referring to? Sling Adapter to DishAnywhere set to HD running in a browser on a PC over your local LAN? Or Sling Adapter to the DishAnywhere app on a tablet, for which no HD setting exists?
Or an HD standalone Slingbox using the webplayer on a PC hooked up to a 60", which looks just this side of awesome. :D

The latter.