Hopper 3+ freezes with any On Demand title

Frodo302

Original poster
Aug 7, 2023
North Carolina
After a ten year absence, I got Dish installed again this past Saturday. Have a Hopper 3+. Since the install I am unable to watch any on demand title as they freeze in the same place. Oddly though I am able to watch the same on demand titles on Dish Anywhere app on a firestick or cast it from my phone. It's an unusual situation as it will freeze in the exact same spot in the program regardless of how many times you hard reset the Hopper. I have seen this issue posted in a few places online, tried a search here with no results. Nothing I have found so far has helped. I used to be a csr 2 for Dish and the only thing I have noticed out of place in the install is he did not ground the Dish itself. Wondering if that could be a part of the problem. A tech is on the way tomorrow so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead for your input.

I thought I was going crazy. I'm a new Dish convert too, 3rd month with a Hopper 3 and 2 Joeys. When I watch an OD title on the Hopper 3 it will almost always freeze up and eventually cause the Hopper 3 to reboot. I haven't notice this on DA. I tried all of the troubleshooting things that I found on Dish website and called their 'tech support' which insisted I do everything again. After 30 minutes of a non-solution or any real signs of intelligent life in the CSR I just told her, I'm gonna go now and hung up. I'm 'living with it' for now but hate the fact that this happens at all and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it regarding Dish support.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I thought I was going crazy. I'm a new Dish convert too, 3rd month with a Hopper 3 and 2 Joeys. When I watch an OD title on the Hopper 3 it will almost always freeze up and eventually cause the Hopper 3 to reboot. I haven't notice this on DA. I tried all of the troubleshooting things that I found on Dish website and called their 'tech support' which insisted I do everything again. After 30 minutes of a non-solution or any real signs of intelligent life in the CSR I just told her, I'm gonna go now and hung up. I'm 'living with it' for now but hate the fact that this happens at all and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it regarding Dish support.
Is your plus plugged in the blue USB 3 slot? I don't know if it matters but I unplugged my hopper +'s USB from the USB 2.0 and put it in the USB 3 slot. I managed to get most of the way through a movie without any freezes. Was late so I didn't finish watching it, will have to test it out some more to see if the freezing has really stopped.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts