Anybody been successful in quieting the 360 cooling fan?

rarhead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Cottontown, TN
Last night my wife and I were trying to watch World Trade Center (lots of quiet moments) on hd-dvd with the 360 add on. The fan on the 360 was so loud that the dialogue in some scenes was hard to hear. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if they have found a solution. Thanks - David

Last night my wife and I were trying to watch World Trade Center (lots of quiet moments) on hd-dvd with the 360 add on. The fan on the 360 was so loud that the dialogue in some scenes was hard to hear. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if they have found a solution. Thanks - David

get a PS3 :eureka

Is your 360 new or older? I just got a 360 in November and it is only barely noticeable to me and I have it right out in the open.

My first 360 was really loud, i just figured tahts how it should be.

It Died. They sent me a new one, its quiet as a mouse...

So, maybe you have a bad fan? I would call MSoft customer service and inquire about it...

The original fans were like a leaf blower. Newer ones are better. Unfortunatley I still have an original one, but it just gives me an excuse to turn the volume up on the A/V receiver....

i own both..and my 360 was purchased on november 2006 like my ps3...and i must say my ps3 is quiet and my 360..well i won't be able to watch any movies on it because the console fans make way too much noise to cover it up.

I don't know what you guys problems are other than being Sony fanboys but the fans on my 360 is barely noticeable. The DVD drive is a little bit louder but my HT sound system, powered by Sony by the way, easily overpowers it.

I've had my 360 a year, gf only just noticed how loud it was the other night.

My buddies PS3 is silent cause he doesn't like any of the games he has for it and there aren't any others out he's interested in purchasing - so it's never on.

Heres your solution

Yup, its actually pretty simple. Just raise the volume on your tv or receiver. Crank it up load enough and you won't hear a thing except for what your playing. :)

If you can hear the fan on your xbox over the movie, then your volume is too low.

Yup, its actually pretty simple. Just raise the volume on your tv or receiver. Crank it up load enough and you won't hear a thing except for what your playing. :)

I don't think you understand the problem. No matter how loud you have the volume cranked up, you'll never be able to make out what's going on in quiet scenes (whispers, etc.) over the jet engine fans in the older model 360s.

i am going to exchange my 360 for another one..its disappointing..and i only go it 3 months ago...
my PS3..release date and been running like a champ. and runs cooler + no noise at all from the fan inside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)