anyone else get FF4 update today? 6/2/11

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
Just updated....Dish on line now works...It had not before.....

I'm wondering too .. I've got 4.0.1 and it still says it won't install the DRM add on from Widevine .. funny.. widevine is a google company and there is no phone number listed on their web site to call them to find out when they will release an update.. or if they already have, and maybe dish isn't getting it..

A few weeks ago, I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. I was using only IE9 until yesterday. I installed Firefox 4.0.1. Out of curiosity when I saw AZ's post, I tried DISH Online in FF 4.0.1. I followed the prompts to install the Flash plug-in, then the Sling plug-in. Live TV works for me.

A few weeks ago, I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. I was using only IE9 until yesterday. I installed Firefox 4.0.1. Out of curiosity when I saw AZ's post, I tried DISH Online in FF 4.0.1. I followed the prompts to install the Flash plug-in, then the Sling plug-in. Live TV works for me.
What about content that isn't LiveTV, isn't from your DVR, and isn't from Hulu...

Dish Online's main experience isn't from LiveTV/DVR ... much of the "DishOnline" experience is either Hulu based, or premium "subscriptionized" content, Epix, HBO, etc.. its the content that comes from those sites that has the problem with Widevine Media Transformer (or DRM by another name) and Firefox 4..

For me.. I've never had problems with FF4 and DishOnline doing LiveTV, or DVR'd items.. and initially I didn't have problems watching other content.. but then someone at D.O. turned on this supposed "optimizer" and ever since I've been unable to get any of that other content (going on 2 months now) and also with no response from "feedback" ...

EDIT: "haven't had problems" ... with the exception in other threads that two sundays ago, "THEY" did something at DishOnline and since ... any time I try to play a DVR event through DO's site.. it starts playing on TV1 rather than starting *only* on the web interface ... and with no button to select "play on web" or "play on tv" it kind of kills the use of your Sling Adapter if it starts playing it on TV1 pissing off the people in front of that television... but this problem happens FF or IE

What about content that isn't LiveTV, isn't from your DVR, and isn't from Hulu...

I have watched content from Shows, Movies & Networks -a combination of Hulu, Dish Originals & Epix. No issues for me. Is there a specific option I can try to see the issues you describe?

No issues for me. Is there a specific option I can try to see the issues you describe?
Thanks for asking!

On the main page ... the "rotating banner" shows The Legend of the Gaurdians - Owls of Ga'Houl .. its an HBO tie in, so you'd have to have HBO to get it ... and of course this plugin isn't required if you use HBO Go for the same content.

It was required last night for Starz content (Toy Story 3) and it seems now that Epix stuff is coming through without requiring it .. perhaps the Epix content was cleared or there was some odd caching going on ... because now I can get three different epix titles I tried. HBO & Starz tested this morning are still causing the prompt for the other plugin.

Also just tried "Class" a PixL content provider, it required the plugin, also tried "Diary of a Whimpy Kid" from Cinemax and it too went backto the "plugin" installation screen. Other channel content IFC & Sundance went to the "play" screen (graphic from movie with playbutton visible)

attached: screen shot of the pop-up/alert

Attachments

• dishonline-widevine.jpg
    dishonline-widevine.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 133
Ahh, now I see. I tried "Class" and saw the plug-in issue. Thanks!
yup... and now that adds even more fuel to my rage that DishOnline appears to have come out of beta and *STILL* this issue exists.. TWO MONTHS after I frist reported it..

You know.. I used *THEIR* tool.. the "Feedback" and they failed to see it..

(To some in Dish IRT - yeah for that DishOnline guy you know, 700 feedback posts to go through or not, in two months they haven't triaged the reports to pick up on key issues??? Christ I'd *atleast* fire people for that if only because I'm not the king and can't order beheadings! -- And my use of the word "idiot" was frowned upon for the people behind the creation, upkeep, and redesigns of that site? wow... pot & kettle there)

Update !! New plugin just downloaded to FF4 (32 bit) on Vista !! YAY!! only 2 and a half months later! and finally can use the other parts of DishOnline.com ...

Just discovered what was probably my problem: the Stop Autoplay extension. Turning this off allows, apparently, everything to play.

But there's something that doesn't seem quite right about the image that I can't put my finger on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)