anyone else having problems with the website

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It was down last night with a msg they were upgrading services. Maybe it has more to do with that? but I was able to get in a few minutes ago.

I began having the same problem earlier this summer when I was on vacation (can fill in all the login info but page goes to never-never land when I click on "login"). I contacted DTV and the first rep to get in contact (I had the problem escalated) was very pleasant and explained that they had made some changes recently. My understanding was that they are using a Flash platform which in incompatible with older systems (I use a WIN ME system and the highest upgrade of Firefox that WIN ME supports). He stated that he would bring it up in an upcoming IT meeting. A second rep called me back and bruskly said not to hope for anything because there probably wouldn't be any changes coming (and guess what - there apparently weren't).

I brought this up in another forum, asking for workarounds, but most of the replies suggested I was an imbecile for using such an outdated system, rather than recognizing that it might be in DTV's best interest to make its LOGIN as compatible as possible (in a business sense). In my defense, there's only one other login that I've ever encountered having the same problem and I can name about 100 major company sites with which I DON'T have login problems even with my "Old" system. (That other site has a similar Flash login page.)

Anyway, back to the problem. If you don't have an "old, obsolete, antique" system like mine, you might want to check to see if you have the latest Flash updates.

My old Internet Explorer (V6.0) will obtain a login for me, but it's pretty much useless because of a latency problem (about 20 seconds worth). Try it if you're using Firefox. It was the only way I could sign up for auto-billing to get free HD, but it wasn't a pleasant experience, to say the least (and then the other day, I had to update my credit info - OMG).

As a sidenote, my system seems to work pretty well with all the other DTV pages I've gone to - pretty much academic if the login won't work though.

If you do end up contacting DTV, and get a better answer, please post your experience here.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is a problem, but I have noticed when I want to drop programing I can't they want me to call direct?

I got on earlier in the day yesterday with no problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)