Anyone else...

lukemia

Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
... Pissed off about voom not getting installed when they said they would. I live in San Jose and I was supposed to get voom installed on Monday the 26, but they said they don't have enough people to do so, so they rescheduled for the 30th. Guess what they told me the technician quit on them so I won't get installed tomorrow. Has anyone else had problem anywhere or is this just a company in San Jose screwing around.

Welcome to the wonderful crap they call Voom.

You really don't want it as the equipment is very buggy. Expect lockups at least 3 or 4 times a week and expect rain fade to be an issue.

I'm not trolling I'm just saying from experience. I just had mine taken out after me and the wife getting ticked out the whole experience.

Getting a refund is a chore and they will tell you they credited your credit card when it fact they don't, and they sit there and blame your bank for not giving you the credit immediately when my bank doesn't do holds. This finally was resolved. The technician both for the install and the de-install were on the wierd side. My Directv installer (came for my initial install and then my HD install 4 months later) is very nice and knowledgeable. The Voom installer? Yeah right. He didn't even know what DVI was.

lukemia said:
... Pissed off about voom not getting installed when they said they would. I live in San Jose and I was supposed to get voom installed on Monday the 26, but they said they don't have enough people to do so, so they rescheduled for the 30th. Guess what they told me the technician quit on them so I won't get installed tomorrow. Has anyone else had problem anywhere or is this just a company in San Jose screwing around.

Don't get Voom you'll be sorry, my installer was a moron and I'm in LA. Get DirecTV, they are adding lots of HD this fall and if you like football they are the only SAT company with Sunday Ticket.

No lockups, rainfade, PQ with no info, etc...

Well I am under no Contract. So as soon as they install the damn thing I can decide if its worth it.

I even had one of the new boxes with the new software that everyone just got and complained about.

lukemia said:
Is this a Common thing.

the only thing not common about Voom on this forum is most people who are satisfied don't/won't bother to post how happy they are...
the most common thing is the same people make the same complaints over and over like a scratched record...
but, maybe you're to young to remember records...
if you want to know what a scratched record sounds like, just read these persistant gripes from the same people constantly....
and like you said... "Well I am under no Contract. So as soon as they install the damn thing I can decide if its worth it."
I think you'll be pleasantly surprized...
I love my HDTV...

The above post was approved by voomvoom and paid for by voom. :D J/K

lukemia said:

Lukemia, I also got the run around from VOOM customer service so I cancelled before they even came out. I live up 680 in Milpitas & with the Winegard SS-2000 I could pull in a bunch of local HD channels for free here is a list.
http://www.choisser.com/sfonair.html

here is where I bought my antenna from:
http://www.a1components.com/stores/itemdisplay.asp?store=2&col=&loc=site&item=10399&ourl=

between OTA & Direct I have around 20 HD channels I'm in HD heaven. Now I can almost justify why I paid more for these damn TV's. If I could only wait till football season 100 HD games via Sunday ticket.

It is hit or miss with the installers...I have had two installers come to my house from the same company and if the second one was the original I would have had second thoughts about Voom. Voomvoom is right though, it's not in our nature as citizen's in today's society to seek out forums like this to post our happy-go-lucky experiences with Voom. Some former Voom customers either didn't have the patience to try and resolve their problems with the Voom equipment, installers, or service. And fewer others have the patience to deal with their spouses dislpleasure with having to deal with these things.

If HD is what you are looking for than Voom is head and shoulders above DirectTV and DishNetwork. Besides, the odds are in favor of the same install company coming to install those two as well.

My install was great. My free upgrade to a larger dish was great. My reception is great. Voom is great. HD is awesome. No problems, no gripes, no worries. Oommmmmm.....Oommmmmm.... Oommmmmmm. :D

My install was great. The installer took about an hour. Everything is working fine. The wife is happy and we are both looking forward to future developments. It only gets better. I constructed a theater room and guests are very impressed with Voom and it's PQ.

Ever since I have had Voom, I have been completely satisfied. If I have ever had a problem with anything it has been fixed quickly, and given credits. The Voom originals channel is a nice thing to have and I have seen a lot of good programs. Hope everyone enjoys the free fight tonight, especially the DirectTv people. ;)

Well guys they transfered me to a different installation company. So I will hopefully get installed on Tuesday with Smartline Corp. If anyone knows about Smartline please tell me if they have good installations.

OMG guess What happened...They Screwed up again they were supposed to come today but they did not get a confirmation with me when they called at night(Even though my mom talked to them last night when they called and they said that they would for sure install it tomorrow. But wait that never happen right) So the guy who was assigned to me did not pick up my equipment and did not show up. So I called the installation company and they had they could get a guy out to me by 6 PAC time. Guess what no guy came, so I called voom and they said installs inc or whatever just closed like 5Min's ago. Now I have to call tomorrow before 8 pm or wait for a call from install's them to reschedule my damn installation. They should be glad I have this much patience.

P.S. She said I would have to talk to them because the closest date she could give me on the computer was the 18TH OF AUG. If she did that I bet they would not come on that day ethier and make me wait another two weeks for nothing. I am glad this is just a bad install company and not all voom's fault otherwise I had of stop the Horror right now.

Sorry I have poor grammer and spelling skills lol. You would too if something like this happened to you.

Thats what keeps VOOM in business "customers with alot of patience" I'm a customer service freak if I don't get whay I'm paying for when I want it, screw it !! I'll just take my business elsewhere. For me switching from Dish N. to almost VOOM but had no patience & went with DirecTV was honestly the best decision I've made this year. I can't wait over 100 HD NFL games.

10 days to pre-season

lukemia said:
OMG guess What happened...They Screwed up again they were supposed to come today but they did not get a confirmation with me when they called at night(Even though my mom talked to them last night when they called and they said that they would for sure install it tomorrow. But wait that never happen right) So the guy who was assigned to me did not pick up my equipment and did not show up. So I called the installation company and they had they could get a guy out to me by 6 PAC time. Guess what no guy came, so I called voom and they said installs inc or whatever just closed like 5Min's ago. Now I have to call tomorrow before 8 pm or wait for a call from install's them to reschedule my damn installation. They should be glad I have this much patience.

P.S. She said I would have to talk to them because the closest date she could give me on the computer was the 18TH OF AUG. If she did that I bet they would not come on that day ethier and make me wait another two weeks for nothing. I am glad this is just a bad install company and not all voom's fault otherwise I had of stop the Horror right now.

Sorry I have poor grammer and spelling skills lol. You would too if something like this happened to you.

Get some programming compensation... They made you missed too many appts already. Try sending "Wilt Hildenbrand" wilth@optonline.net. an email regarding this installer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)