Anyone here willing to give a quote for commercial "free to guest" hotel program

mruk69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 9, 2005
Music City U.S.A
I have a hotel with 54 units plus lobby and fitness room.
Can anyone give me a quote, for standard def only. I need about 48 channels with Showtime.
We do not want to put Comcast's boxes in each room, besides their remotes aren't even A.D.A compliant.
Please contact me via P.M and I will give you direct contact information.
Please be specific if we need to buy the equipment or not, installation cost and who will support our system.

Thank you

Might as well as plan for HD while doing it. I think you'd have a hard time finding an SD TV today.

I can see it's expensive, but as a satelliteguy and overall technology junkie, I can tell you there are few things more disgusting than sitting down in a hotel room, turning on the nice widescreen flat panel TV, and finding out that all they have is SD stretch-o-vision.

mruk69,

I have information for you. I either need your contact information (respond to the PM I sent you) or you can PM me and I will respond with the information. Company has offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, Memphis, Nashville and Raleigh.

I can see it's expensive, but as a satelliteguy and overall technology junkie, I can tell you there are few things more disgusting than sitting down in a hotel room, turning on the nice widescreen flat panel TV, and finding out that all they have is SD stretch-o-vision.

I agree, but the cost is well over $1000 per channel for the Hotel to offer it. In addition, your susposed to use special televisions because the HD signal must be encoded over the coax to each TV.

The way the hotel industry is going right now most hotel chains will have set a deadline of 12/31/2011 for HD flat screen TV's to be installed. This date have changed twice to the economy. One of the big stumbling blocks for hotels is pro-idium copy protection chips in the TV's. These chips drive up the cost of a Flat screen 32" lcd to $1000. The chip decodes the programming just HDCP.
As far as programming is concerned, most chains will not require any HD programming until 1/1/2012 and even then only a few channels, at a time. Only Marriott will require 14 HD channels in the near future.

I can start off with SD receivers and then add the HD as needed later.
It does not make sense for me to buy the flat screens right now as the price of the TV's will come down big time by 2012, plus a new alternative to pro-idium is suppose to be released in a few month which will make the TV's cheaper.

One things for sure, I do not want to re-sign with Comcrap come December.

Thanks for the extra info. I was beginning to wonder if it was the kind of hotel that err, people didn't watch much TV in. Or only a certain kind of TV! ;)

Years ago, wife & I were driving and got too tired to continue. Pulled off at the next hotel. A few 18 wheelers were there. Just before killing the lights, turned on the set for news and weather. Several channels. Uhh - no news or weather!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)