Anyone in Atlanta? External antenna?

rknight442000

Jul 28, 2006
D* HD is out. No LOS. Comcast not an option for me. Anyone want to refer an HD extermal antenna installer. I have a referral but he's not being responsive. I know it's football season and busy and all, but gee whiz. Any input is appreciated and taken for what it's worth. Thanks in advance.

xccell

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 15, 2005
Hey guys, I am from Jackson Co. about an hour northeast from Atlanta. I have a CM3020 with RG-6 and I am able to pick up about all the Atlanta channels with about 50% to 80% digital signal strenght. At nights I usally pull in CBS at 92%. That is not bad considering I have the not so favorable antenna with no preamp.

Kevinw

Just a regular guy
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
rknight442000 said:
D* HD is out. No LOS. Comcast not an option for me. Anyone want to refer an HD extermal antenna installer. I have a referral but he's not being responsive. I know it's football season and busy and all, but gee whiz. Any input is appreciated and taken for what it's worth. Thanks in advance.
Where are you?

sdeaton75

Sep 24, 2006
I have a Channel Master 4228 8-bay bow tie antenna with a 10DB preamp (you may be better off using the CM 0064DSB amp, but I didn't know about it when I bought the preamp). I am in Tucker and I get all stations. CBS, TBS, WB, UPN are all at about 90% on my Dish 811 signal strength indicator. Fox and ABC are in the mid 80% range. NBC is about 75-80%.

If you are doing it yourself, the key I have found is to use AntennaWeb to find the direction to point your antenna. I was able to point towards Fox and ABC, which split the difference between CBS and NBC directions. I definitely recommend visiting the Atlanta Antenna website whether you do it yourself or want their help.

My equipment:
Channel Master 4228
Radioshack 10DB inline amplifier
Dish 811 HD receiver with 8VSB OTA tuner
Hitachi 43" FWX20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)