Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

How are you all figuring out which distribution center your disks come from? I examined my envelope until I'm blue in the face, and see no distinguishing stamps.

not sure if this helps or not but: http://dvd-game-rentals.com/shipping-locations.php?site=blockbuster

EDIT...

Gleaned from another thread (http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/283104-List-your-Distribution-Center!)

Houston, TX
Atlanta, GA
Richmond, VA
Minneapolois, MN
Sacramento, CA
Hartford, CT
Charolett, NC
Dallas, TX
Louisville, KY
Kansas City, MO
Worchester, MA
Lansing, MI
Gaithersburg, MD
Baton Rouge, LA
Daytona, FL
Rodchester, NY
San Jose, CA
Denver, CO
Seattle, WA

again ... not 100% sure of these or if there are more

Last edited:
Both Gaithersburg and Richmond are so close that all mail from there arrives next day. I have never received a disk from BB the next day after they claim to have shipped it.

My center is in Lansing, MI (1 1/2 hours away) and I'm getting great turn around time now. I'm getting a 3 day turn around (drop off at store on day 1, processed on day 2, get new disc on day 3), same as when I had Netflix (also located in Lansing, MI). When I first signed up with BB, I was getting a 4 or 5 day turn around.

I'm still seeing put in mail December 26th hope to have something January 3rd at the earliest.

Dropped off at store on day 1, processed and mailed me a disc on day 2, received on day 4 or 5 usually, but never on day 3.

They must of closed a lot of distribution centers. I used to get my delivery one day after shipment now it takes 3. I think it is still worth it because of the movie channels. If non Dish customers are having theses problems, I can't see them staying in business.

Mine are shipped from KY and if I send one back another is in the mail. About one a week if I do my part and manage my queue.

My shipping varies. Sometimes I get a disc sent to me in 2/3 days, other times it takes a week. Never can tell. But it is what it is.
Ghpr13:)

Most all the recent releases are, short, long or very long wait. I'm down to getting the 8th or 9th movie on my queue....no problem with turnaround though, I get a movie a week.

It helps if the scanning system works and the USPS is actually scanning the barcodes on the envelopes and transmitting it to BB. I know that sometimes mine does and sometimes they don't. I dropped a disc in the mail yesterday (Saturday) and my que shows that I currently have nothing at home so on this time, it must have gone right. I think a big problem with turnaround is that the envelopes aren't be scanned by USPS.

Figures you mail back on weekend and it clears the next day a day nothing is supposed to ship out.I mail back on a weekday and still taking over 2 days to clear at home.

With no Sunday or Holiday delivery, hard to get an exact # of days.At day #6 right now.Put my account on hold though, as I have to figure out if such long waits and such few movies are worth it.

I work for the USPS and the bar codes on the BB/Netflix envelopes are never scanned, our scanners do not recognize some bar codes/symbolgy, a scan-able bar code will either be accepted, or offer the options for international, COD or neither. I recently read that we should have real time scanning in 2014.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)