Anyone want to share some installation tips I may not otherwise know?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
I want to do this and do it right. Anyone have tips they can share before installation?

I just plan on removing the old LNB, adding the new one, taking coax from that through the wall to a wall plate. I've heard I should make a little loop for water droplets. Anything else I'm missing? I plan to do some research but would like to hear what you guys know!

Thanks!

3Ghz rated RG-6 ONLY.
drip loop at entry - make it a 3 or 3 turn 'loop' for lightning 'impulse' suppression.
make sure the pole is secure & plumb, especially if motorized, but makes it easier even if only 'fixed'.
Secure the wires. Don't need the weather or animals taking them apart.
Get your bearings. www.dishpointer.com
Have at it.

Now is also the time to tweak the dish for max Q. Find a weak transponder on your fav sat and adjust for max Q.

Question: do you guys have tips for uh, keeping safe while high up? I might just take my second dish out of storage and bring it down lower and then remove the old dish later.

Up high? Like Up where? What's the details of " take my second dish out of storage and bring it down lower and then remove the old dish later" Safety line around your waist? Have a 'helper', at least able to call 911?

my first dish installs were mounted to a 4x4 wooden pallet on the ground.You may want to try that to avoid nosebleeds.

Up high? Like Up where? What's the details of " take my second dish out of storage and bring it down lower and then remove the old dish later" Safety line around your waist? Have a 'helper', at least able to call 911?
I'd say about 10-15' high; it's on the roof. I have a second dish in storage that I can retrieve if I'm too unsure about going up on the roof. I guess I can get a safety line and a helper and hope they're strong enough! :eek:

What kind of dish are you talking about? Pay-tv dish converted to fta, or a regular Ku band fta-size dish? THAT part was going to be my safety tip=install the dish on the ground on a pole, so it's not dangerous to work on! Unless trees have you blocked or something, I never want to put a dish on the roof, too much trouble to tweak/repair. But if it's already installed and you want to use it, just be cautious. Roof with a steep pitch is scary to me, the older I get, lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)