Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

Even though its DOA...
Having such extensive experience in newspeak it will take one of the Apple "magicians" no time to convince its flock it meant something completely different...:)

It won't be the first time.
Just like St. Jobs said in January 2009 "We don't know how to build a sub-$500 computer that is not a piece of junk" and released the iPad a year later...

Diogen.

According to Mosberg's report it will have two cameras and the faster processor, thinner case that has a flat back. Somewhere in these threads there is a link to his blog on it.

My personal guess is that Apple will offer ipad2 as a CDMA/GSM device to work on all networks. LTE? Doubtful but possible. HSPA+ yes, I believe that will be in ipad2. I base this on my reading of announcements from Qualcomm. While 2 cameras may excite some buyers, I believe the biggest plus to ipad2 over ipad1 will be the ability to connect to all common networks and this is just my personal guess. I could be completely wrong.

The March 2 event news was first announced by Kara Swisher on Feb 22 in the Dow Jones news service. There as been no retraction of the story yet. DJ News wire is usually very good on retractions when a story is found to be without valid source or completely false.

It will have dual core proccesor .. mark my words. You heard it from me first..

They haven't announced it yet. Walt Mosbergs "All Things Digital" has announced it, but so far nothing from Apple.

Wrong! The invitations went out yesterday. Guess you didn't get one. :D The invitation has a picture of the ipad2 on it but there is nothing on it that speaks to the details of the device. The invitation's slogan reads: "Come see what 2011 will be the year of." So, I guess we'll hear what else will be on the calendar for this year.

"Prepositions are things you shouldn't end a sentence with."
-----------------Winston Churchill.

:)

Diogen.

Wrong! The invitations went out yesterday. Guess you didn't get one. :D The invitation has a picture of the ipad2 on it but there is nothing on it that speaks to the details of the device. The invitation's slogan reads: "Come see what 2011 will be the year of." So, I guess we'll hear what else will be on the calendar for this year.
According to Engadget and Gizmodo the invites went out today.

If they are only adding 2 cameras, flat back and maybe a slightly higher res screen I might not get excited about it.

I got my iPad 1 as a WIFI only unit, I do regret that choice now. While I do have a mobile hotspot on my phone turning it on and getting it all setup is a pain and there are many times I just want to check something quickly, and with the hotspot that quickly goes out the window.

Hey Scott- A few people in the press got the word late yesterday but that's OK... What's a few hours.

As for the wifi only iPAD- I am quite happy having only wifi on both our ipads. I'm saving more money by using the Verizon 5Spot. It's faster, lower cost data plan and I can use it on 2 ipads and my Dell Laptop at the same time. When LTE unit is out I will pay to upgrade to that model. The hotspot application on my phone can also work when my wife takes the 5Spot to work but that cell phone hotspot is slower and eats up battery way too fast. I do have it as a backup but it is a bit more involved to set up each time. The 5spot is easy. Just push the on button and wait a few seconds for it to lock in and the ipad auto connects to the net. Battery runs for about 4-5 hours use. I was never too thrilled about the MiFi but 5Spot is the one to get.

If they are only adding 2 cameras, flat back and maybe a slightly higher res screen I might not get excited about it.

I got my iPad 1 as a WIFI only unit, I do regret that choice now. While I do have a mobile hotspot on my phone turning it on and getting it all setup is a pain and there are many times I just want to check something quickly, and with the hotspot that quickly goes out the window.

While my Tab has 3G capability, I am not sure I would really want to pay for ANOTHER data plan just for it. If you are using Wireless Tether on the Android, it should literally just be a one touch function, load the app, hit tether, and then wait for the ipad to connect. I do it with my Tab all the time. Easy as pie.

I would have hoped that the ipad2 would have had more new features than just the cameras. Always good to up the ante for competition across the board.

I got a WiFi only iPad as well, and am glad I did. I do not want to pay additional monthly fees for the few times I access the internet via 3G.

I was reading the Engadget review of the Xoom and they were questioning the wisdom of a high-megapixel camera out the back of a 10" tablet. I tend to agree and think that 7" might be the upper limit to a tablet that includes a back-facing camera. I think an iPad 2 with the forward-facing camera for Facetime/Skype/etc. is necessary in today's market, but I wonder how many serious pictures will be taken with an iPad 2 back-facing camera. Would Apple be willing to go against current practice and go with just one camera?

MLB.com At Bat 2011 was just released for the iPad for $14.99. Just downloaded it. Now that I have MLB.TV instead of EI, I will be getting a lot of use out of this APP

DodgerKing said:
MLB.com At Bat 2011 was just released for the iPad for $14.99. Just downloaded it. Now that I have MLB.TV instead of EI, I will be getting a lot of use out of this APP

Cheaper than last season's app.

I was reading the Engadget review of the Xoom and they were questioning the wisdom of a high-megapixel camera out the back of a 10" tablet. I tend to agree and think that 7" might be the upper limit to a tablet that includes a back-facing camera. I think an iPad 2 with the forward-facing camera for Facetime/Skype/etc. is necessary in today's market, but I wonder how many serious pictures will be taken with an iPad 2 back-facing camera. Would Apple be willing to go against current practice and go with just one camera?

I agree. Look, I have both camera on the 7" Tab, and I rarely if ever use them. Now part of it is that the rear camera is a pathetic 3MP, but mostly, its just not something I need as a Tablet function. I can see the front-facing one IF you are doing skype, but since I don't want to look at people when I am on a phone call (it really gets impairs my ability to roll-eyes :) ) I have not even tried it on the tab other than to just see how the camera works.

Will Apple go against the grain? I doubt it. I think the EXPECTATION is for 2 cameras. But I could be wrong.

Screaming brand new capacitor.

Microsoft Refurbisher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts