Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

I'm a dork and proud of it. I can careless if others think the same of me.

If something works and I need to use it or want to use, I don't care what others think.

Heck, I intentionally act like a dork in my classroom. It does help get my students motivated.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have no doubt that you are a dork.

(Sorry, you walked right into that one...). :)

I did not think using it in a museum was dork-like; it was creative and saved battery on my phone.

NOW, at a concert, that is a totally different thing, as it would be an obstruction to other's view.

AND in general, I thought it took decent photos. Indeed, "The Drinkers" is now my desktop background for one of my home screens on my Mac. And Van Gogh's bedroom is the wallpaper on my iPad.

rockymtnhigh said:
I have no doubt that you are a dork.

(Sorry, you walked right into that one...). :)
:DJust asked my wife if I am a dork and see said, "Ah....Yeah...Do you even have to ask?" :eek::)
I did not think using it in a museum was dork-like; it was creative and saved battery on my phone.

NOW, at a concert, that is a totally different thing, as it would be an obstruction to other's view.

AND in general, I thought it took decent photos. Indeed, "The Drinkers" is now my desktop background for one of my home screens on my Mac. And Van Gogh's bedroom is the wallpaper on my iPad.
Yeah. I try to be considerate of others when doing dorking things as well

Glad to see you found another good use for your iPad.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
So, why did you take the iPad with you to the museum in the first place? ;)

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Just wanted to report that this is my first extended trip half a month that I will be working without my laptop. Left it at home. The iPad with using iMap and logmein is working great. I also have a need for spreadsheets and found a great ap for that too. The Verizon LTE here is quite fast, better than at home.

Here are the negatives experienced in my first 2 days away.

1. The iPad spelling changing is driving me nuts. Soon I will try the dictation but that is a problem with others listening.

2. Using the iPad for many different tasks, it seems the iPad fails on Internet connection often. This is not a Verizon issue. It is that as I accumulate open apps the first thing to fail is connection to the Internet. This happens whether I'm on wifi or LTE. The fix is just dump a bunch of apps frequently and Internet connection automatically returns.

3. Not a big deal but I had trouble connecting to the Internet after I ended airplane mode. Had to completely power down the iPad and reboot for the LTE to connect. This may be a simple bug in the OS.

So far I'm not missing the
LAptop to do the few creative things like spreadsheets and email.

I give up on iPads spell checker. My typing iS really much better but we'll just have to suffer with this for the next two weeks.

Just wanted to report that this is my first extended trip half a month that I will be working without my laptop. Left it at home. The iPad with using iMap and logmein is working great. I also have a need for spreadsheets and found a great ap for that too. The Verizon LTE here is quite fast, better than at home.

Here are the negatives experienced in my first 2 days away.

1. The iPad spelling changing is driving me nuts. Soon I will try the dictation but that is a problem with others listening.

2. Using the iPad for many different tasks, it seems the iPad fails on Internet connection often. This is not a Verizon issue. It is that as I accumulate open apps the first thing to fail is connection to the Internet. This happens whether I'm on wifi or LTE. The fix is just dump a bunch of apps frequently and Internet connection automatically returns.

3. Not a big deal but I had trouble connecting to the Internet after I ended airplane mode. Had to completely power down the iPad and reboot for the LTE to connect. This may be a simple bug in the OS.

So far I'm not missing the
LAptop to do the few creative things like spreadsheets and email.

I give up on iPads spell checker. My typing iS really much better but we'll just have to suffer with this for the next two weeks.

Autocorrect drives me insane.

Zero problems on my iPad with wifi. You may have one of the bad ones. Can't say re: LTE

Stupid security question update messed up an in-app purchase (a comic), now iTunes thinks I've bought it and the app doesn't. Restoring purchase doesn't sync them. Really lame. Will sort it out later I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stupid security question update messed up an in-app purchase (a comic), now iTunes thinks I've bought it and the app doesn't. Restoring purchase doesn't sync them. Really lame. Will sort it out later I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Email customer support. They will fix it.

About an hour later I happened to try and buy it again, and it said already purchased and finally went to 'read' instead of remaining the purchase button.

Did everything but delete and reinstall the app prior.

Glad it is fixed.

I have had some issues with the iTunes store on the iPad; as it has been crashing a lot. Not certain if they have issues recently or not.

I've started having some app issued here and there including with the app store, but I think its due to nearly running out of space and some apps having poor error messaging/handling.

Made some room, problems have subsided.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've started having some app issued here and there including with the app store, but I think its due to nearly running out of space and some apps having poor error messaging/handling.

Made some room, problems have subsided.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I still have 20GB of space free on my 64GB model, so I am not sure if that is it for me. And the problem is only intermittent.

So pretty soon I'll be doing a lot of flying and because airlines suck and don't provide free WiFi thus preventing me from streaming my video right from my house, I need to load up my iPad with some video content to keep me occupied. I used to have a jail-broken iPad so I would just copy movie files directly to my iPad and then run them in VLC player because that could play anything. Unfortunately I don't have that capability anymore, so now I need to do it the "Apple Way." What exactly is that? I know I need to convert the video files to MP4 format or something like it, but then what do I need to do in iTunes to get these files onto my iPad?

I use Handbrake to get videos into iTunes friendly format.

Then in iTunes, click on the iPad device, select video and then pick which ones you want to 'sync' to your iPad. Tell it to sync and you're ready to go.

Then in iTunes, click on the iPad device, select video and then pick which ones you want to 'sync' to your iPad. Tell it to sync and you're ready to go.
Good to know. I plan putting on numerous episodes of "An Idiot Abroad" and laughing uncomfortably loud on the plane as I watch.

I actually couldn't get it to work that way (but I will not rescind my "Like".) The syncing didn't copy over the video. I had to import the file into my library, "copy" it, and then "paste" it onto my iPad. I guess they decide to go old school C+P file movement when it comes to this stuff..

I used to try to rip video for my iPod Touch and for my Galaxy Tab. Got so frustrated with audio sync issues, I just gave up, and pretty much just buy video from iTunes. I know, not cheap, but I figure my time is worth not dealing with the frustrations.

Screaming brand new capacitor.

Microsoft Refurbisher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)