Are Dish Employees too Scared of Reprisal to Take the Internal Survey?

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
Based on the extensive feedback on this post, it seems as though many Dish Network Employees won't participate (unless it's mandatory?), or will fabricate positive responses to ensure they are not targeted by management for their negative responses.

It seems silly to ask here, as these boards have eyes and ears as well. But do any Dish employees here feel the same way, or are you confident that your genuine survey feedback will be heard and appropriated? You can always use a temporary user name to post if you're afraid of being discovered by Dish. One Dish employee has already done so. You may also want to connect from a public IP address rather than your home network... (Not sure how this tactic relates to the forum rules though.)

An accurate employee survey can only be achieved if total anonymity is assured.

It doesn't sound like this current Dish employee survey is anonymous. As such, it will be grossly inaccurate, and not a true indication of employee satisfaction.

An accurate employee survey can only be achieved if total anonymity is assured.

It doesn't sound like this current Dish employee survey is anonymous. As such, it will be grossly inaccurate, and not a true indication of employee satisfaction.
No the survey won't show problems but the poor work attitude will continue to show in technicians performance.

To be truly effective, the survey must be strictly confidential and also voluntary. Before it's implemented, however, Dish must lay a great deal of groundwork to ensure employees understand that it will be totally anonymous, and that their feedback will truly be taken into account. If they just say, "we're having a survey and you have to take it" it will just make the situation worse. You would be better not doing a survey.

It's in Dish's best interest to do a survey. Just one word, "union". That's enough to put the fear in most businesses today and the best way to prevent that happening is to have an engaged, satisfied workforce.

The survey is not anonymous, they are required to fill in their employee ID number.

I worked at a large company that did this internal survey thing. They grouped our dept with another dept which had a great boss. When our boss sat down with us. He said the feedback numbers were neutral and there were some negative comments and some positive comments. One of more outspoken employees told the boss to just read the negative comments, since the positive comments were about the other dept boss. Our boss huffed and puffed and walked out of the meeting saying the whole process was a waste of time. He denied that the negative comments were all about him, but they were. He did not get any better.

i would love to take it but i dont think rsp can take it, my tech id wont work on the survey link, if i get the chance to take it i will fill it out with the truth of what i think, and if its 1 out of 10 10 being the best and 1 being the worst, most of my answears will be 1 , awful to work for !

i would love to take it but i dont think rsp can take it, my tech id wont work on the survey link, if i get the chance to take it i will fill it out with the truth of what i think, and if its 1 out of 10 10 being the best and 1 being the worst, most of my answears will be 1 , awful to work for !

... I'm guessing Dish Network will assume you meant to answer '0' instead of '1' and give themselves a 10. Because that happens you know ...

That is ridiculous to force people to include an employee ID on any survey related to employee satisfaction. The large company I work for has yearly surveys but it is all run via an outside survey company and is done via randomized links that you go to that connects you to the offsite survey site. At the end we specify what department code we work for and results are rolled up to that level. Only with anonymity can a survey be truly trusted.

Dudleydog73 said:
That is ridiculous to force people to include an employee ID on any survey related to employee satisfaction.....

But it's a pretty good way of getting the answers you want to get.

Based on my experience taking "anonymous" surveys at my workplace, if the survey asks for your ID, or you are taking it from a machine you are logged in on, or the IP can be traced to your desk, don't take it. The downsides are great, and the satisfaction of telling them what they really already know is not worth the risk. Your best input is to ignore the chance to give any, that speaks volumes. YMMV.

All it does is ask how satisfied you are with different aspects.of your work life (in numerous questions), what 2 things you like about.the company, what 2 things you would change, and if you thought about resigning in the.last 6 months and why.

It doesn't ask you to rat out anybody for any actions or anything like that.

I took it, I was honest, and if I get canned in the next couple of months I'll let ya know. Either way, I am always looking for a better opportunity.

Makes me wish I had taken comcast's offer back when I started with Dish.

Yes they are most def. to scared to answer the survey truthfully. Like others have said including an employee ID certainly means they know what you answered. With seeing the way managers treat people I am sure they will look at everyone of those answers. And actions will be taken against thoses who speak out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)