Are HR20's out of stock?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i was away out of the country for a week. dtv installer called us on halloween 3 times and the last time left a message stating that we should call asap. I call the dtv main line and get transferred to installation and I am told that my install was cancelled. the next day to schedule is 12/21. I ordered this a month and a half ago and now have to wait another month and a half. this is insane. I am going to call the installer directly and see what we can do. The installation csr talked to her manager who stated that they may be able to just ship me the dvr. if that happens then i assume the installer could just come and do the dish after i already do the box set up. the only reason for the delays in installation is the shortage of h20s.
has anyone been able to get anything from dtv in terms of compensation for the long delay?
I will try tomorrow to get a credit or something.

Whan you talk to the installation group, ask them to call you IF they get a cancellation... thay may be able to get you in this way. :)

Jimbo

Whan you talk to the installation group, ask them to call you IF they get a cancellation... thay may be able to get you in this way. :)

Jimbo

yeah i was on that list but i will tell them again, thanks :)

evidently whichever idiot set up the original work order for my hd dvr install DID NOT set up the date correctly. so the installation company called to schedule the date. this is insane as i ordered this like 6 weeks ago

scheduled for another 6 weeks from now! that is mostly b/c of the delay in getting the hd receivers. got $20 credit to my account for the inconvenience which is nice. now going to call the installers...:hungry:

looks like they cant move it up b/c of the storm in buffalo. i could have them ship the dvr to me but why not wait until OTA is available on the unit...

Last edited:
Update: I haven't recieved a call yet and calling back to Directv has resulted in yet ANOTHER phone line disconnection.

Looks like since they do not want to send me the device, I will be going to Dish network. I have been waiting for over a month to get this settled and this is freakin' rediculous. I am not going to pay over $200 for it at a online store either when I was guaranteed a FREE unit.

This is the most horrible customer service on the planet. This company will be repoted to the BBB as soon as possible.

This will mark the 8th disconnect and the 3rd lied installation date. If this is how Directv will operate. I will leave them as a loyal customer for years.

Farewell Directv.

I am a little frustrated because they keep telling me 3 weeks

3 weeks ago it was 3 weeks.....2 weeks ago it was 3 weeks...1 week ago it was 3 weeks...and today it was still "3 weeks"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)