Are HR20's out of stock?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The priority registration link was offline for a few days, now back online.

It looks like units are back in the supply pipeline as I received an email from valueelectronics yesterday notifying me that my order for the HR20 had shipped...problem is I cancelled the order a month ago. I called and spoke to Wendy...She was going to try and stop the shipment but according to UPS tracking the order is in route and will be here on Tuesday...I already have 2 HR20's and don't need another so this one will be going back to valueelectronics as soon as I get it.

It looks like units are back in the supply pipeline as I received an email from valueelectronics yesterday notifying me that my order for the HR20 had shipped...problem is I cancelled the order a month ago. I called and spoke to Wendy...She was going to try and stop the shipment but according to UPS tracking the order is in route and will be here on Tuesday...I already have 2 HR20's and don't need another so this one will be going back to valueelectronics as soon as I get it.

I think you can refuse the pacakge when the UPS guy shows up at the door

I hope they send it to me!!! :hungry:

D* just called to tell me that they are out of stock for my area. Someone is "supposed" to call with the next two weeks to reschedule mt install. Gave an extra 3 months free HD once it gets installed.

Oh well...

I know at our local office we have at least 15 of them...I guess its because we are in an area that doesnt have HD LIL....

I live in AZ and had my install was canceled 4 times. My last one was suppose to happen last thursday but DTV called and said that Phoenix was out of the HR20's and they call when they get them in. I hope it is soon cause I'm getting tired of waiting.

Isnt it weird how many people are wanting those new receivers and meanwhile those receivers arent even working properly. I hear so many people have pixelation on HD channels especially sports and also trouble with recording and other crap quite a few issues.

Isnt it weird how many people are wanting those new receivers and meanwhile those receivers arent even working properly. I hear so many people have pixelation on HD channels especially sports and also trouble with recording and other crap quite a few issues.
I bought mine because I wanted to have a HD DVR, never had that before.
I love it, works great :)

Jimbo

I have two. One of them had problems and was immediately (showed up on my front porch the next morning) replaced.

Since then, for two months now, I have had not a single problem. I love my HD TiVos, but these are wonderful machines, too.

Of course we hear (over and over) about "issues" on a forum.

It is rare that people show up to say how delighted they are with new equipment, especially when it is so much more PQ to bemoan the loss of TiVo or just bash D* (or E* or Comcast, etc.).

I picked one up last Thursday(an HR20S box date of 10/17/06 and had to drive from Meriden CT to Leominster Ma to get it) and have yet to have it installed. The installer skipped out yesterday and showed up 2 hours late today and botched the install. He diddn't want to lookat the instructions and spent 3 hours trying to install a 5 lnb dish as a 3 lnb dish. Not to mention screwing up my deck, and leaking oil out of his piece of junk van on my driveway. Now I have to wait another 2 days to get a hopefully competent installer to reset the dish and hook up the receivers. Looks like I'm going to be watching the OTA channels on my trusty old Voom Receiver for another 2 days.

Last edited:
I picked one up last Thursday(an HR20S box date of 10/17/06 and had to drive from Meriden CT to Leominster Ma to get it) and have yet to have it installed. The installer skipped out yesterday and showed up 2 hours late today and botched the install. He diddn't want to lookat the instructions and spent 3 hours trying to install a 5 lnb dish as a 3 lnb dish. Not to mention screwing up my deck, and leaking oil out of his piece of junk van on my driveway. Now I have to wait another 2 days to get a hopefully competent installer to reset the dish and hook up the receivers. Looks like I'm going to be watching the OTA channels on my trusty old Voom Receiver for another 2 days.

Did he leave the equipment ?
If so , and you have time, set up the receiver, that takes about 10 minutes, if you want, you can try your hand at settin g up the dish too, you might save yourself some time and anger and you'll know it's done the way you want it.
I had all my coax run ahead of time, basically all my installer had to do was set the dish and run thru the set up on the HR20-700, I could have done the set up but he had the remote already.
I had to tell him that you could set it for RF, he didn't know it was capable.

Jimbo

i was away out of the country for a week. dtv installer called us on halloween 3 times and the last time left a message stating that we should call asap. I call the dtv main line and get transferred to installation and I am told that my install was cancelled. the next day to schedule is 12/21. I ordered this a month and a half ago and now have to wait another month and a half. this is insane. I am going to call the installer directly and see what we can do. The installation csr talked to her manager who stated that they may be able to just ship me the dvr. if that happens then i assume the installer could just come and do the dish after i already do the box set up. the only reason for the delays in installation is the shortage of h20s.
has anyone been able to get anything from dtv in terms of compensation for the long delay?
I will try tomorrow to get a credit or something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)