Are the International Channels supposed to be low quality?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roseph

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2009
Somewhere
They're mostly all blocky and blurry (though still watchable). I was under the impression that DirecTV stating they were "100% digital" meant everything was in HD. That is my fault for not paying attention... I think.

Not only that, but I'm being charged for a few channels that are actually FTA. :confused:

My Mandarin channels are SD, but looks awful.

When I subscribed to cable, SD channels looked very good... well, at least the ones that were 480p/i. The source/etc looks to be much lower definition than that.

Complain to D* they are the only ones that can change the quality and there may be little they can do. You are being charged for Directv programming if you want free FTA go buy a FTA system and pay for installation.

I must, say, this looks really, really bad... I'm talking old 240x320 resolution bad. I think it's time to cancel the international programming channels.

If a channel is not available from any competitors, you could expect it to be lower quality. What are you going to do, get it from somewhere else?

fyi .. most international channels direct source transmit in crappy PQ (seen it on 97w) so no matter what provider you see them on, they will always be CRAPPY PQ

Do not expect any Intl channels to be HD depending on how good is the station signal???

I must, say, this looks really, really bad... I'm talking old 240x320 resolution bad. I think it's time to cancel the international programming channels.

You should get rid of those stations. They are terrible, but the price is too cheap to beat compare to the ones offer by Dish which carries A+ programming.

You should get rid of those stations. They are terrible, but the price is too cheap to beat compare to the ones offer by Dish which carries A+ programming.
Are you saying DiSH offers better international programming? What of the quality?

Are you saying DiSH offers better international programming? What of the quality?

Way better channels.

If you are from Taiwan, the package cost 40 bucks and you get 15 channels, all the latest shows from the top Taiwan tv stations within a week old and cable stations.

If you are from China, the package is different which cost 30 something bucks and you get over 20 channnels.

The program quality is way better than Direct TV package for 20 bucks. That pro-china, pro-taiwan station already ruin the value.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)