Are these Dish network recievers worth anything?

NickDowns

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
Hi All:

I'm in the process of getting rid of a bunch of stuff in my basement and my recent upgrade of my Dish equipment has left me with 2 models gathering dust down there. They are a 2800 and 4900...can i sell these on ebay...or would no one want them. And if they aren't worth much what can i do with them? I don't just want to throw them out. Not my style.

Thanks in advance. BTW if you would like to purchase them then go ahead and email me at wgu5227@yahoo.com and I'll work it out.

Cheers,
Nick:)

Only to existing customers and only marginally since they have Dishnitup. The 921 I think will still have a significant ebay value for a while

They are of little value but type in the model number on ebay and look at completed listings and see what they have been going for.

i found a couple of those at the goodwill store for about $5, at least doubled my money on ebay.

Plus they are useful as trade ins during "upgrade deals". I'm going to retire my oldest receiver, a 6 year old 4900, for a 622 on 2/22.

I am supposed to "tradein" a receiver to getthe 622 for $299.

Since it is a $699 receiver normally, the 4900 will lop off $400 off of the price.

The PVR fee isn't an issue as I will have the Platinum pak and and the HD Lease fee won't apply either as it will be my primary receiver. All my other units will be owned.

I do have a 921, but I think it is worth more than the $200 discount they want to give me on 4/1 (Plus I get it for 1-3 months earlier). I'll shift it to another TV and have a backup HD receiver in case I upgrade another TV in the next year or so to HD.

The 4900 will let you upgrade to a 211 for $100 ($49 for the receiver and $49 for the install)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar