Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 15

Here is the YT upload. It took YT an hour to build the 4K version. You may need to adjust to 4K in the YT settings.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTauJE_E4vQ

I noticed watching in 4K60 through Satelliteguys causes lots of missed frames. Better to go to YT direct. That is also compressed from the original but it will give you the idea.

Reactions: Foxbat
Manual focus may help here. Then again, getting away from the fence will solve multiple issues.
Manual focus doesn't work well for a pan to distant, like from Home to 1st base.

Backing away from the fence with the fence in the foreground is amateurish and not the look I was after. The trick is using zoom and getting the lens right up to the center of the fence diamond to the wire is out of the frame. Tricky with handheld iphone and pan-zoom to first base. I could have used a tripod but I also wanted to test experience the new iphone image stabilization. I'm impressed with that.

Any word of if that will release the 3D spatial video? Looking forward to seeing how impressive that will be for shooting to be viewed in the MetaQuest 3.

Short list I saw yesterday was mainly bug fixes. I don't think there were any new features listed. watchOS 10.1 is supposed to include the new double tap function for the Series 9 and Ultra 2.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheForce
Everyone here with an iPhone reported an oopsy that I attribute to Apple Software design being based in Sunny California - a missing file icon for snowfall:
1698927290927.jpeg

My 15 pro max gets better reception at our trailer. Much better than the XS Max. Or reception was better because of so few people there at the end of the season.

Everyone here with an iPhone reported an oopsy that I attribute to Apple Software design being based in Sunny California - a missing file icon for snowfall:
Perhaps this is part of the weather app fix promised for the iOS 17.2 update. That and the on-again off-again Wi-fi issue.

The videos are playing directly off YouTube, no videos are stored here.
There is a notice I get on the lower left corner "Watch on You Tube" here. I still get stuttering in 4K, not in 1080p. But it plays smooth when I watch it in 4K on You Tube direct. What causes that?

I'm observing this on a PC.

Perhaps your setup lacks the fortitude to scale the video to a browser window.
Please explain. I can play it fine from You Tube direct, but lots of stuttering when displayed in Satelliteguys both in the window as well as full screen. On Satelliteguys, the video does play fine in 1080p. Can you select the 4K resolution and play the video without stuttering on your PC?

I do know that this computer ( the Dell) doesn't have the graphics engine to support PCVR games in Meta Quest 3 resolution. The app actually tests for that in the setup. I have no plans to add a high end gamer graphics card on this Dell as I have my other computer for that.

Can you select the 4K resolution and play the video without stuttering on your PC?
I don't have a 4K display on my computer. I have a mid-level display adapter (GTX-1060) in my computer and the video plays just fine in the window and full-screen.

I can't help but think your system is trying to scale the video and failing to keep up.

Perhaps the YouTube website does a better job of determining which resolution to send you than the Xenforo software does. I'm not sure how YouTube determines which feed to send based of direct links.

As I understand from YT you upload a 4K60 video and they list it as a maximum of 4K60 or 2160p. If you select "auto" to watch it will send out 1080P for most high speed internet connections. However you can open the settings and manually select 2160P and then YT will switch to that resolution IF the original was uploaded at that resolution. If not then you won't see 2160p in the list. YT does not upscale your uploaded video.
Your computer must have a 4K graphics card to enable 4K as the first step and then your monitor must be 4K to see it or your graphics card will need to scale it down to 1080P or 720P whatever it's native display is capable of.

My Dell Inspiron 3020 has the Intel GPU and supports UHD 2160P60 from the Display Port. This is what I use for 4K. The HDMI port is only 1080p. If my Dell can't handle the 4K60 file, then how am I able to play it flawlessly from YT direct? My guess is that based on what Scott said Satelliteguys website has a round about way to route the file from YT as opposed to just going to YT direct. It's fine for lower bandwidth 1080P but problems surface in dropped frames when viewing 4K60 though Satelliteguys.

BTW there is a similar 4K problem on Facebook. I just tested it.

If my Dell can't handle the 4K60 file, then how am I able to play it flawlessly from YT direct?
As I alluded to previously, the YouTube website may be able to ascertain that you don't have UHD display capability and it may be sending 1080p by default.

If you see a 4K in a small red box over the gear icon, then you're getting the 4K stream. My system had no problem scaling the 4K stream from within your post (the default was 720p).

That others don't appear to be having the problem suggests something about your system is the hitch in the giddy-up.

I haven't tried the 4K version on my fifth-generation Dell Linux box but the 720p version worked fine.

If you see a 4K in a small red box over the gear icon, then you're getting the 4K stream. My system had no problem scaling the 4K stream from within your post (the default was 720p).
That's correct. I have the 4K over the settings wheel but only when accessing YT direct. On Satelliteguys and Facebook links it shows 1080P. Seems your default is 720P.

That others don't appear to be having the problem suggests something about your system is the hitch in the giddy-up.
Who else can do the test with 4K, both computer graphics and Monitor? I think Satelliteguys Bruce may have the system. I know he has the monitor but not sure if his computer is capable.

I should fire up my 3D editing computer. It has a GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. You can look up the specs on that. Never had problems editing 5.7K 30 and displaying on both a 3D monitor and and in full VR at native resolution in the Oculus Rift. When I get some time I plan to add the New Meta Quest 3 to replace the Rift and try some of the most robust games on it. BTW- It's still running win10 pro.
Can't test that card in the Dell as it is too long to fit and the Dell has only one expansion slot. That was the only negative I considered when deciding to buy this Dell. Never intended to do this UHD stuff on the Dell anyway.

Last edited: