Arrow News and Spoilers

Last edited:
'Arrow' Season 3 Spoilers: Oliver Queen's 'Fall Finale' And 'The Return' Speculations; Marc Guggenheim Teases What Happens Next http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5756...-3-spoilers-oliver-queen-ras.htm#.VIr_x3u8tEL
Spoiler alert: This update contains major Arrow Season 3 spoilers. Read at your own risk.After watching "Arrow" Season 3, Episode 9, titled "The Climb," the most natural thing to do for many viewers is to hit their favourite forum sites and air their questions or speculations. In these sites, people are talking about the pun in the "fall finale," "Oliver Stoneheart," and DC Comics' Lazarus Pit, among others.Anticipating the reactions, show boss Marc Guggenheim goes on Twitter to clarify something about a 2015 Arrow Season 3 episode: "The Return."

I wonder if CW will play with our minds on episode 10 & have the intro start "I am Laurel Lance" with the words "Canary" coming up on the screen,& ditto in later episodes after 10-13 with Ray Palmer doing the intro & then "A.T.O.M." pops up on the screen. It sounds like they're really going to play out the "Oliver is dead" scenario & milk it for all it's worth.

Arrow Really Could Be Following Through On That Insane Cliffhanger
http://io9.com/arrow-really-could-be-following-through-on-that-insane-1670199956
Facebook. Thank you so much for the enthusiasm spilling out of tonight's fall finale. I've never had anywhere near this amount of feedback. And by feedback, I mostly mean swear words. There were an awful lot of expletives.

Seriously though: Despite the title, our show is bigger than any one character. We're going to prove that to you.

Sit tight... January will be here in no time

Arrow to introduce the Lazarus Pit? http://nerdreactor.com/2014/12/15/arrow-lazarus-pit-fan/ Stephen Amell has posted a fan-made Arrow poster on his Facebook Page, and it shows a hand holding an arrow coming out of the Lazarus Pit. He comments with “We have very clever fans.”If you missed the midseason finale of Arrow, Oliver Queen was presumed dead by the hands of Ra’s al Ghul. We all know better that the show wouldn’t really kill off its title character. Ra’s al Ghul has hinted at living a long life, and with that hint, many fans were speculating that the Lazarus Pit was involved. (The pit can give people long life.)Since Stephen Amell has shared this image, I think it’s safe to say that the Lazarus Pit will be introduced. Anyway, enjoy the poster below.
arrow-lazarus-pit.jpg

http://nerdreactor.com/2014/12/15/arrow-lazarus-pit-fan/#sie3oAMC5E8pvRaZ.99

Reactions: gasman882001
Why Arrow's Big Cliffhanger Has Tons of Potential https://games.yahoo.com/news/why-arrows-big-cliffhanger-tons-193900588.html
*Yes, this contains spoilers. Don't read the article until after you've watched the latest episode!*Arrow's midseason finale had quite a *ahem* cliffhanger. Ra's al Ghul obliterated Oliver Queen. The villain delivered a lethal stab and then kicked the hero over the edge of a cliff. The emerald archer is dead (or at death's door) and it's no surprise the Lazarus Pit -- or something with similar properties -- will be used to eventually bring the vigilante back to life. After all, Ra's looks like he's in his 40s and he said the last time someone challenged him was 67 years ago. Throw in the fact his first appearance was sitting in a tub and it's safe to say there's something keeping this dude alive and healthy. But how Oliver eventually returns isn't what makes this development so exciting. Instead, let's take some time to think about what the death of Arrow means for everyone else back in Starling City.Before we move on, let's address the above caption -- something that's obviously a joke but deserves a bit of discussion

'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review] http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5763...poilers-lazarus-pit-felicity.htm#.VJL46Hs8tEL
"Arrow" Season 3, Episode 10 airs Jan. 21 on The CW, which means there is no new episode of the DC Comics-inspired show this week. The cliff and the fall in the fall finale cliffhanger (Dec. 10 episode) are driving many fans restless with theories. Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) is presumed to return, and a promo clip is teasing how it could happen.Spoiler alert: This update contains major Arrow Season 3 spoilers. Read at your own risk.

'Arrow' Season 3 Update: Olicity Shippers, Diggle Fans To See 'Emotional' Scenes In Next New Episode (Spoilers, Speculations) http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5771...3-spoilers-air-felicity-diggle.htm#.VJwukf_AA
"Arrow" Season 3, Episode 10 airs in a month's time. There will be no new episode until Jan. 21, but teasers indicate some intense and "emotional" scenes are coming up. Olicity shippers and fans of John Diggle are likely to see the characters deal with the news about Oliver Queen.Spoiler alert: This update contains Arrow Season 3 spoilers. Read at your own risk if you haven't watched the mid-season finale, which aired on The CW on Dec. 10."Oliver Queen is dead," says someone in the promo clip for Arrow Season 3, Episode 10. In a swordfight to the death, Ra's al Ghul (Matt Nable) beats Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) despite getting into it unarmed.DC Comics fans were quick to point out the connection between Ra's al Ghul and the Lazarus Pit, which exists mostly in "Batman" comics. It is widely presumed that Oliver will be somewhat revived or treated in the famous Pit albeit with some dark side effects. The question is, who gets him there in Arrow Season 3?

Arrow mid-season to return with Oliver missing in 4 episodes? http://nerdreactor.com/2015/01/05/arrow-mid-season-oliver-missing/#kEaSMe3rzZPfPvkZ.99
It’s a beginning of a new year and that means the return of the hit CW show, Arrow. Many fans were stunned by the dramatic mid-season finale. Now fans are wondering just what will become of Oliver Queen when Arrow returns on 21st.A list of the upcoming episodes has appeared online with no official synopsis for many of the episode. Only recently has one been released for the mid-season premiere episode titled “Left Behind.”
THE TEAM DEALS WITH OLIVER’S DISAPPEARANCE — In the aftermath of Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) fight with Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Nable), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Arsenal (Colton Haynes) continue to protect the city in the Arrow’s absence. However, after three days without hearing from Oliver, they begin to fear the worst may have happened to their friend. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) refuses to believe that Oliver could be dead until Merlyn (John Barrowman) pays the team a surprise visit. Thea (Willa Holland) suspects there is something more behind Oliver’s disappearance and asks Merlyn for a favor. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) tests a part of his new suit and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) takes up the mantle of the Black Canary. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Erik Oleson (#310). Original airdate 1/21/2015.
While there is no official synopsis for the next four episodes, there is a rumor of what the next episodes may hold, and it looks like we can expect to not see Oliver for a while.

Arrow Showrunner on Whether Batman Could Ever Appear, Supergirl Crossover Potential.....Marc Guggenheim would love to see Batman on the show, says Supergirl crossover is "possible." http://in.ign.com/arrow/72179/news/arrow-showrunner-on-whether-batman-could-ever-appe
The CW's Arrow has already seen its fair share of DC character cameos over the last couple years: Deadshot, Huntress, Deathstroke, Ray Palmer, Ra's al Ghul and even the freaking Flash! But could more heavy hitters be coming the show's way?This week, THR recruited Arrow showrunner Marc Guggenheim, along with his wife Tara Butters (who also happens to showrun Marvel's Agent Carter) and her writing partner Michele Fazekas, to talk about their respective shows in detail.During the interview, Guggenheim was asked by Fazekas whether Supergirl -- who has her own show in development at CBS -- could crossover with Arrow at some point, to which he responded, "It's possible."

Watch New 'Arrow' Promos
The CW superhero shows are coming back soon, so that means it's time to get pumped and look at what the premieres have in store for us!Both of CW's DC shows, Arrow and The Flash, left us with major cliffhangers. The two shows dropped huge developments, and if you're way behind (tsk-tsk) and don't want to be spoiled, you should obviously go watch 'em before checking out these promos. For everyone else, enjoy getting a look at what the midseason premiere for both shows will have to offer!So, we have a ton of villains making a move over in The Flash and there's still some good laughs. Captain Cold and Heat Wave in action? Yeah, we're in. And over in Arrow, Brick is taking over the Glades while team Arrow adapts to a city without Oliver. It looks like Ray Palmer's finally conducting some tests, we get a look at Laurel Black Canary fighting someone, and we only get a brief look at Felicity, likely after she hears the news about Ollie. The shows are sporting totally different tones and these teasers are full of potential, so now it's just a matter of seeing if both premieres deliver! Are you going to watch both midseason premiere episodes, readers?The Arrow returns January 21 on The CW. Arrow 3x10 Promo #2 "Left Behind" (HD)...Arrow 3x10 "Left Behind" - In the aftermath of Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) fight with Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Nable), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Arsenal (Colton Haynes) continue to protect the city in the Arrow’s absence. However, after three days without hearing from Oliver, they begin to fear the worst may have happened to their friend. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) refuses to believe that Oliver could be dead until Merlyn (John Barrowman) pays the team a surprise visit. Thea (Willa Holland) suspects there is something more behind Oliver’s disappearance and asks Merlyn for a favor. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) tests a part of his new suit and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) takes up the mantle of the Black Canary. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Erik Oleson (#310). Subscribe to tvpromosdb on YouTube for more Arrow season 3 promos in HD! http://www.comicvine.com/articles/watch-new-arrow-and-the-flash-promos/1100-150898/

Felicity Smoak's amazing 'Arrow' wardrobe: Let's discuss http://community.ew.com/2015/01/07/felicity-smoak-arrow-wardrobe/
Growing up, I wore a lot of Ralph Lauren because of Rachel Green. I own far too many cardigans because of Liz Lemon. (The studio might be cold! You never know!) Please don’t judge me harshly, but I also own a red faux-leather jacket because of Emma Swan. There’s a Tumblr dedicated solely to the fashion on The Mindy Project, and I had to unfollow it because I couldn’t help but ADD ALL to my cart every time, and then my wallet was ALL EMPTY. And now, I go shopping and I think, hmmm, would Arrow’s Felicity Smoak wear this?That’s right. I’m following the fashion trends from a comic book TV show, and I love it. Do you think the nice folks behind Arrow set out to actually make Felicity (Emily Bett-Rickards), the go-to tech gal of Starling City and the right-hand gal of Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), a fashion icon? Even if they weren’t thinking about it, they have succeeded in doing just that. From day one, I fell in love with every single item of clothing she was wearing, right down to her rectangle two-tone glasses. Those are awesome. Where can I find those?

Oliver’s Death in New ‘Arrow’ Trailer Means Doom for Starling City https://tv.yahoo.com/news/oliver-death-arrow-trailer-means-doom-starling-city-012212252.html
Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), who moonlights as the city’s titular do-gooder, Arrow, was killed by Ra’s al Ghul (Matt Noble) in the show’s mid-season finale. In the short trailer for the next new episode, “Left Behind,” he appears only as a lifeless corpse being dragged away from the snow-covered scene of his deadly beat down.Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman), meanwhile, enters Oliver’s secret lair and confronts the hero’s friends, who include occasional love interest Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards).The antagonist slams a bloodied sword down in front of them while breaking some bad news: “It’s Ra’s custom to leave behind the instrument of death as a memorial to the fallen. Oliver Queen is dead.”There’s a good chance Oliver didn’t actually die after getting stabbed through the heart by Ra’s in the mid-season finale — or if he did, he’s likely to be resurrected — but this new trailer makes it look as if he might be missing in action for quite some time. And without the DC Comics hero around to protect Starling City, hoodlums will band together to raise havoc.“Together we are going to take over the Glades,” says one, in a most ominous tone.“Arrow” returns to The CW on Wednesday, January 21 at 8 p.m.
Arrow - Left Behind Trailer....When light falls, darkness will rise. Arrow returns Wednesday, Jan. 21!

Heroes and Villains: 'The Flash' and 'Arrow' Actors Meet the Press https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-the-flash---arrow--tca-panel-033042973.html
The Television Critics Association hosted a positively massive panel featuring The Heroes and Villains of Arrow and The Flash. In addition to executive producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and Marc Guggenheim, the stage held:
Stephen Amell, Arrow, Arrow
Grant Gustin, The Flash, The Flash
Katie Cassidy, Black Canary, Arrow
John Barrowman, Malcolm Merlyn, Arros
Colton Haynes, Arsenal, Arrow
David Ramsey, Diggle, Arrow
Tom Cavanagh, Harrison Wells/Reverse Flash, The Flash
Brandon Routh, The Atom, Arrow
Wentworth Miller, Captain Cold, The Flash
Dominic Purcell, Heat Wave, The Flash
Robbie Amell, Firestorm, The Flash
Victor Garber, Firestorm, The Flash
Matt Nable, R'as al Ghul, Arrow
Though they're two very different shows, one consistent theme of both casts was how much they enjoy doing the shows. From actors like Gustin and Barrowman, who have been life-long comic book and genre fans, to Purcell, who admits to knowing nothing about comics, but said playing Heat Wave "is the most fun I've had as an actor." More highlights from the superheroic session:

‘Arrow’ Producers Tease Katie Cassidy’s Black Canary, More Costumed Characters Hitting Season 3 https://tv.yahoo.com/news/arrow-producers-tease-katie-cassidy-black-canary-more-212833420.html
Oliver Queen’s fate in the midseason finale of “Arrow” will open up a void to be filled with more superheroes and villains.Executive producers Marc Guggenheim, Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg led a packed panel at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena on Friday, and discussed even more costumed characters hitting Starling City.“We always said in Season 3 there would be more costumed characters populating Staring City,” said Guggenheim. “Oliver Queen had a plan, but he never envisioned all these people being part of that plan, he thought he would be a solo act. Part of this season has been seeing this crusade go beyond him. It ties into everything we have planned for Season 3.”One of the new costumed superheroes showing up will be Katie Cassidy, who’s been a series regular since the first season, but who will be donning the moniker of Black Canary for the first time. It’s been a long time coming going back all the way to the comics, but the journey for Cassidy’s Laurel Lance has taken some turns, not the least of which is giving the alter ego of the Canary to her sister, Sara Lance (Caity Lotz).Sara’s death at the beginning of Season 3 served as the biggest catalyst for Laurel discovering her inner superhero, finally.“I’ve been waiting for this to happen and I’m obviously very excited and thrilled about it,” Cassidy said. “They told me this is where the character was going before we even shot the pilot. But every character has to go through a journey and you can’t just become a superhero. In Season 2, [Laurel] definitely hit rock bottom and then she lost her sister. She’s going from avenging her sister, to honoring her sister to becoming her sister.”Brandon Routh‘s Ray Palmer, a new addition to the show, is another character set to suit up with a superhero alter-ego, the DC comic book character Atom. The Atom hasn’t even appeared on screen yet, but producers already see him as a potential leading man for his own spinoff series.“We have a very general idea,” Berlanti said of a potential Atom spinoff series. More spinoff series set in the DC superhero universe is certainly something the network is actively pursuing, according to President Mark Pedowitz.There is even the potential for cross-network universe expansion, with CBS recently picking up a “Supergirl” series from Berlanti and Kreisberg, but the producers are cautious to temper expectations of crossovers in the vein of “Arrow” and “The Flash.”“There’s potential for the two universes to intersect,” teased Kreisberg. “But right now, they are very much their own things.”

‘Arrow,’ ‘The Flash’ EP Greg Berlanti Apologizes for Lack of Women on TCA Panel https://tv.yahoo.com/news/arrow-flash-ep-greg-berlanti-apologizes-lack-women-225108799.html
_Arrow____The_Flash__EP_Greg-e89ff7380f4f31567ca8adba2db9ff9a
The showrunners of The CW’s superhero dramas “The Flash” and “Arrow” opened themselves up to criticism on Sunday when they delivered a predominantly male “Heroes and Villains” panel at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena. Executive producer Greg Berlanti, who also oversees CBS’s upcoming series “Supergirl,” put the onus on himself.“We should’ve had more women up here today. That’s on me,” Berlanti told TheWrap and several outlets after the panel concluded. “That’s my fault.”The panel had 16 participants, 15 of them male. The lone woman on stage was Katie Cassidy, a.k.a. “Arrow’s” Black Canary. She has been a series regular on the show since its 2012 debut but only evolved into a bonafide costumed hero on Season 3.“She goes from avenging her sister, to honoring her sister, to becoming her sister,” Cassidy said. “It’s been amazing. I love to kick some ass.”Berlanti’s co-showrunner on all three dramas is Andrew Kreisberg. He noticed the lack of females on stage, too, but pointed out his CW shows did in fact have women.“I wasn’t in charge of invitations for this panel,” Kreisberg joked. “We’re blessed, we have so many great female superheroes and villains. We have Caity Lotz, the original Canary, Katrina Law [as Nyssa], we have Rila Fukushima who plays Tatsu, who will become Katana before the end of the season.”“No comment on the fact that there were so many men here, but we really have the greatest, smartest, most kickass female superheroes of any show that’s out there,” he continued. “They really stand toe-to-toe with anybody. We don’t think about them in terms of ‘well, she’s a girl.’ It’s always, ‘Can you do it?'”Berlanti said there were several factors that went into the decision to put 15 men on the panel, including which characters had the best costumes to showcase and which ones the panel’s organizers thought journalists would most like to see. But, the EP did acknowledge that there were a few costumed females on his shows, which were each renewed for an additional season on Sunday, they didn’t bring to Pasadena.“[We’ve had] the Huntress, Nyssa [al Ghul] and Cupid this year,” he said. “And we have others coming up on the back half of the season.”
“We put the list together and it was very much about costumes in the lobby, I think, or else people like Jesse Martin would be here and Emily [Bett Rickards] would be here,” Berlanti continued. “But that’s on me. That’s my fault.”Superhero diversity has been an ongoing issue for television and film in terms of not only gender, but also race and sexual orientation. David Ramsey (John Diggle on “Arrow”) was the only black panelist, but there were three openly gay heroes and villains on stage — John Barowman (Malcolm Merlyn), Wentworth Miller (Captain Cold) and Victor Garber (Firestorm).“It’s very important for a number of different reasons,” Ramsey said Sunday of his character being black.

Arrow Bosses on Felicity's Feelings for Oliver: 'She Definitely Speaks Up' https://tv.yahoo.com/news/arrow-bos...s-oliver-she-definitely-speaks-182308050.html
“Don’t ask me to say that I don’t love you.”
“And you know how I feel about her.”
“I love you.”
Those are all the ways that Oliver has declared his feelings for Felicity on this season of Arrow. But thus far, his Girl Friday has been pretty mum about where her heart lies when it comes to her partner. Rest assured that will all change when the presumed dead Oliver makes his way back home to Starling City.“She speaks up!” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells TVLine. “She definitely speaks up, but not quite in the way I think people are expecting. She has a lot of strong feelings.” (Could EP Marc Guggenheim’s tweet, teasing his favorite moment from an upcoming episode — “I don’t want to be a woman you love” — be a bad omen?)The scene in question, which takes place at the end of Episode 12, “probably is my all-time favorite Emily Bett [Rickards] performance,” Guggenheim enthuses. “She is so, so, so, so incredibly strong in that scene, it’s ridiculous.”For the would-be couple, “this season is really about them saying all the things they’ve never said” after two years of “teasing each other,” Kreisberg adds. “Where that takes them is to some tough places, but also to some right places. The how and the why and the when and the where of that is the fun in the back half of the season.”Olicity fans, are you excited for Felicity’s big declaration?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts