Ashton Kutcher replace's Charlie Sheen on 'Two and a Half Men'

Two and a Half Men ratings rise
Written by James Ryder
Tuesday, 08 November 2011 16:43
CBS comedy Two and a Half Men saw its ratings rise last night while Fox’s dino-drama Terra Nova also saw a boost in its ratings.
At 8pm on CBS How I Met Your Mother won first half the hour in terms of viewers aged between 18-49 with a 4.4 rating but overall it had 10.3 million viewers. Fellow CBS comedy 2 Broke Girls won the second half of the hour with a slightly higher 4.5 18.49 rating and 11.3 million viewers overall. In terms of total viewers the hour was won, surprise surprise, by ABC’s Dancing with the Stars which had 17.6 million viewers with a 3.3 18-49 rating. Terra Nova on Fox saw its ratings rise slightly with 7.6 million viewers and a 2.6 18-49 rating compared with 6.3 million viewers and a 2.1 18-49 rating for last week’s instalment. The Sing Off on NBC had 4.4 million viewers with a 1.5 18-49 rating and finally Gossip Girl on The CW had 1.2 million viewers overall and a 0.6 18-49 rating.

At 9pm Two and a Half Men saw a substantial rise in ratings on last week’s episode with 14.5 million viewers overall and 5.1 aged between 18-49 - that’s up on last week’s 4.7 18-49 rating and 13.8 million viewers overall. At 9.30pm on CBS comedy Mike and Molly had 11.9 million viewers with a 4.2 18-49 rating. Dancing with the Stars on ABC continued with 18.3 million viewers and a 3.4 rating while The Sing Off, on NBC, also continued across the hour with 3.9 million viewers overall and a 1.4 rating. Medical drama House on Fox, starring Hugh Laurie, had 7.5 million viewers with a 2.7 18-49 rating while Hart of Dixie on The CW was seen by 1.3 million viewers and a 0.6 18-49 rating. Finally at 10pm Hawaii Five-0 on CBS pulled in 9.9 million viewers with a 3.0 18-49 rating while Castle on ABC had 11.2 million viewers and a 2.5 18-49 rating.

I find it really amazing just how much they keep referencing Charlie, even getting Alan to take on his persona.

Is Chuck just digging it in, or what?

#WINNING

Funny stuff!

I believe hes taking digs at charlie and I believe hes being like a kid over this instead of getting over it and moving on:) it was funny though :)

Not much of a coincidence either that the last two episodes have been better, most likely because of reliving Charlie's memory....

Regardless, they have been funny episodes. obviously they can not continue to do that, but to just ignore Charlie's death does not make sense either.

The show should gradually improve as writers get a better feel as to how the audience reacts to Ashton. They seem to be holding on to the ratings, so the show should go on long enough to get Ashton worked in smoothly.

If the ratings hold at a level equal to when Sheen was on, I be worried that it tells us more about the viewers than about the writing. So far, IMO, this show has been reduced down to a standard sitcom, and if the ratings don't drop, then that's what people will watch. Then Chuck Lorre ends up "Winning" and the rest of us end up losing.

Ghpr13:(

Well, I don't know that it ever was a "special' sit-com, other than the degree to which it pushed the crudeness in contrast with other sit-coms. It was funny, it was crude, but it was never, for me anyways, at the level of Big Bang Theory.

I dont know what to think of last nights show (wrestling sucked and I watched 2 broke girls before that)

so the whole show was basically a dream? So where they go from here. They should have played it for a couple weeks then show its a dream ;)

Gary Busey was pretty good in his limited role :)

Ashton Kutcher should be sorry for this ignorance in playing the role of Walden Schmuck on 2.5. ;)

After thinking on your post for a while, a question came to my mind...Are you sure he's playing a part and not just reenacting who he is in life??? After all, isn't that how Sheen did it???:D

Ghpr13:)

Primetime Ratings: CBS Wins Monday as 'Two and a Half Men' Rises Again
Sandusky interview boosts ‘Rock Center' by 30%
LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - NBC's 'Rock Center With Brian Williams' enjoyed a considerable boost with its interview of disgraced Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky on Monday, while "Two and a Half Men" took the top ratings and helped propel CBS to an overall win for the night, according to preliminary numbers.

"Rock Center," on NBC at 10 p.m., jumped 30 percent in the adults 18-49 demographic after premiering to distressing numbers two weeks ago, climbing to a 1.3 rating/3 share in the demographic with 4.4 million total viewers. The network's evening began with "The Sing Off" at 8, which was flat with last week, taking a 1.5/4 and 4.7 million total viewers.

At Fox, the dinosaur drama "Terra Nova" -- which jumped 24 percent last week -- kicked off the night at 8 with a 12 percent downturn, logging a 2.3/6 and 7 million total viewers, while "House" the following hour was also down, dropping 11 percent to a 2.5/6 and 6.6 million total viewers.

CBS' night began at 8 with "How I Met Your Mother," which landed a 4.5/12 and 10.3 million total viewers, while "2 Broke Girls" at 8:30 drew a 4.8/12 and 11.6 million total viewers. "Two and a Half Men" at 9 was, as usual, the highest-rated program in the demographic, scoring a 5.3/12 and 14.5 million total viewers.

"Mike & Molly" at 9:30 took a 4.4/10 with 12/2 million total viewers. "Hawaii 5-0" finished up the evening at 10, drawing a 3.3/8 and 11.4 million total viewers. The strong performances handed CBS an overall win in the ratings, with an average 4.2/10 and 11.9 million total viewers.

At 8, ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" was flat with a 3.4/8. But it was the night's most-watched show overall with 18.4 million total viewers. "20/20" at 10, which featured an interview with Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, drew a 2.8/7 and 13.3 million total viewers.

APNewsBreak: Demi Moore to divorce Ashton Kutcher

By SANDY COHEN | AP – 12 minutes agoEmailLOS ANGELES (AP) — Demi Moore is ending her marriage to Ashton Kutcher, the 49-year-old actress told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Moore and Kutcher, 33, were wed in September 2005. The couple's relationship became tabloid fodder in recent months as rumors swirled about Kutcher's alleged infidelity.

"It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton. As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life. This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation," according to her statement to the AP.

The pair frequently used Twitter to communicate with each other as millions of fans followed along — even amid rumors of Kutcher's infidelity. The day before their sixth wedding anniversary, Moore ominously quoted philosopher Epictetus: "When we are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger."

Moore and Kutcher created the DNA Foundation, also known as the Demi and Ashton Foundation, in 2010 to combat the organized sexual exploitation of girls around the globe. They later lent their support to the United Nations' efforts to fight human trafficking, a scourge the international organization estimates affects about 2.5 million people worldwide.

Moore was previously married to actor Bruce Willis for 13 years. They had three daughters together — Rumer, Scout and Tallulah Belle — before divorcing in 2000. Willis later married model-actress Emma Heming in an intimate 2009 ceremony at his home in Parrot Cay in the Turks and Caicos Islands that was attended by their children, as well as Moore and Kutcher.

Sounds like Ashton is following in Charlie Sheen's footsteps. First he is married , then he has an affair or two and now he is getting divorced. Maybe it's in the contract that you have to be a real womanizer to play on the show? Even his character is bedding woman now with abandon in almost every episode. Notice Waldon didn't mention his ex wife on the last episode at all.

Sounds like Ashton is following in Charlie Sheen's footsteps. First he is married , then he has an affair or two and now he is getting divorced. Maybe it's in the contract that you have to be a real womanizer to play on the show? Even his character is bedding woman now with abandon in almost every episode. Notice Waldon didn't mention his ex wife on the last episode at all.

Actually, that's not fair since Waldon was only shown as part of Alan's fantasy.

Really? I've seen him bed a few girls before this fantasy sequence in other episodes. He is no longer asking Allen for advice on women. He redecorated his house , so it looks to me like he wants his bachelor pad to be swinging so he can attract even more women.

10 Shows That May Get Cancelled

Spartacus: Vengence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts