AT&T exploring Deal to sell off DIRECTV.

Let's face it. These guys running AT&T don't know what the heck they are doing. Now they don't even have enough money to bid for more radio spectrum for their cellular business. That's why they are putting things are up for sale.

Reactions: navychop
Let's face it. These guys running AT&T don't know what the heck they are doing. Now they don't even have enough money to bid for radio spectrum for their cellular business. That's why they are putting things are up for sale.
Actually they are doing what they always do...releasing cash value for shareholders

Actually they are doing what they always do...releasing cash value for shareholders
Lol. Have you see what they've done to the stock price? From $40 to $28 in one year! They are making their stockholders poor through bad decisions. It was $43 in 2016 when they took over.

Lol. Have you see what they've done to the stock price? From $40 to $28 in one year! They are making their stockholders poor through bad decisions. It was $43 in 2016 when they took over.
This is common, thier stock has been lower as well as much higher.
Buy now, while its low ... you gotta make money ...

My point is that the institutional investors are ringing every dollar out of att...thats the only reason why att would tty to sell directv
Juan, the institutional investors are putting money into AT&T, not wringing money out. And they are losing their shirts as a result.

Juan, the institutional investors are putting money into AT&T, not wringing money out. And they are losing their shirts as a result.
They are not losing anything....they are taking American wealth to other countries and investing there...you are too focused on just directv...when it is really something else

Reactions: charlesrshell
They are not losing anything....they are taking American wealth to other countries and investing there...you are too focused on just directv...when it is really something else
You are confusing AT&T Management with Institutional Investors.

The AT&T Management is making money hand over fist, but all the investors are losing.

Last edited:
Over the years working at DirecTV we were given lots of stock in the company and just before I retired ATT swapped DTV stock for ATT stock. Right after retirement I dumped the ATT stock and never looked back. I see now that was a good idea.

Over the years working at DirecTV we were given lots of stock in the company and just before I retired ATT swapped DTV stock for ATT stock. Right after retirement I dumped the ATT stock and never looked back. I see now that was a good idea.
You just didn't have the right class of stock