AT&T To KEEP the DIRECTV Name

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am figurin(g AT&T will roll out a marketing campaign heavy on bundling Tv/phone and internet....The thing is most places will not be in AT&T's wired footprint. So satellite service will be the only connection possible to AT&T.
(Heavily capped) Wireless "Broadband" Internet bundled with satellite service

Reactions: Tyralak
i wonder if AT&T plans on coming up with a universal lineup for both U-Verse and DirecTV to where the channel on DirecTV is the same as U-verse where say example DirecTV channel 202 and U-Verse has a different channel for that same channel and is forced to move it to the same channel so it can be found on same location on both platforms.

also does AT&T plan on using DirecTV's DVRs/Receivers on U-verse systems or U-Verse DVR/Recievers on DirecTV system.

if i was in charge of the DirecTV/U-verse TV division of AT&T, i would pull a SiriusXM and come up with a universal DVR/Receiver that works on both U-Verse and DirecTV platforms and similar lineup with both platforms and also rebrand the entire thing if AT&T's intentions is to retire the name of DirecTV and also remove the U-verse name on the TV side and move the name to the high speed internet side.

You know this will happen with most providers, this will cut down on the suppose "Cord Cutters " some.

Doesn't matter if at&t is the one that's starts it, they WILL be the one that gets Blamed for it.

i wonder if AT&T plans on coming up with a universal lineup for both U-Verse and DirecTV to where the channel on DirecTV is the same as U-verse where say example DirecTV channel 202 and U-Verse has a different channel for that same channel and is forced to move it to the same channel so it can be found on same location on both platforms.

also does AT&T plan on using DirecTV's DVRs/Receivers on U-verse systems or U-Verse DVR/Recievers on DirecTV system.

if i was in charge of the DirecTV/U-verse TV division of AT&T, i would pull a SiriusXM and come up with a universal DVR/Receiver that works on both U-Verse and DirecTV platforms and similar lineup with both platforms and also rebrand the entire thing if AT&T's intentions is to retire the name of DirecTV and also remove the U-verse name on the TV side and move the name to the high speed internet side.
They have talked about all you just mentioned already ...
I'm sure it will happen, but I think it will be aways down the road.

AT&T looks toward merging branding for DirecTV, U-verse
Dec 2 2015, 21:58 ET | About: AT&T Inc. (T) | By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor
With a successful acquisition in the rear-view mirror, AT&T (NYSE:T) is getting closer to plans for a phase-out of the branding of DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV) as it looks ahead to consolidating its video services.The company will drop the "Now part of the AT&T family" text, and add its globe logo to its U-verse service as well as next to the DirecTV name on those offerings.One day, though, it will likely consolidate in one name -- perhaps closer to 2017 or 2018, when AT&T plans to merge U-verse and DirecTV into one platform.Prior to the acquisition, DirecTV spent heavily on branding its name -- about $355M on measured media spent last year, compared to U-verse's $84M -- but branding expert Allen Adamson thinks there's only one possible outcome: “They’re going to win or lose based on AT&T." http://seekingalpha.com/news/296250...rging-branding-for-directv-u-verse#email_link

Well, didn't AT&T just get smacked by the FCC for capping their wireless customer's supposedly unlimited broadband?....Or was it that they were choking down the internet access to their heaviest users?

This is only acceptable if the new platform is functional and stable. Most importantly to me, if they add channels to make the new platform that make it as if the two were merged... In other words, we get Pac 12 and Epix. And if they put CNN with the news channels!

Well, didn't AT&T just get smacked by the FCC for capping their wireless customer's supposedly unlimited broadband?....Or was it that they were choking down the internet access to their heaviest users?
https://www.att.com/cellphones/att/wireless-home-phone-and-internet.html#sku=sku7130587

10GB $60.00 per month
20GB $90.00 per month
30GB $120.00 per month

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/lte-internet-installed/

No different here
10GB $60.00 per month
20GB $90.00 per month
30GB $120.00 per month

Say goodbye to video streaming,to include Hulu,Netflix,Amazon Prime,& YouTube.

These rates are the same as with Exede & HughesNet Gen4 satellite internet services,& just as heavily capped.

This is only acceptable if the new platform is functional and stable. Most importantly to me, if they add channels to make the new platform that make it as if the two were merged... In other words, we get Pac 12 and Epix. And if they put CNN with the news channels!
I doubt that CNN is moving anywhere, seeing they've been paying for that location all along.

https://www.att.com/cellphones/att/wireless-home-phone-and-internet.html#sku=sku7130587

10GB $60.00 per month
20GB $90.00 per month
30GB $120.00 per month

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/lte-internet-installed/

No different here
10GB $60.00 per month
20GB $90.00 per month
30GB $120.00 per month

Say goodbye to video streaming,to include Hulu,Netflix,Amazon Prime,& YouTube.

These rates are the same as with Exede & HughesNet Gen4 satellite internet services,& just as heavily capped.
But this is for Cell tower usage, not cord cutters using typical internet ... ones that run off your Cable /ph compaies lines from the outside plant.

But this is for Cell tower usage, not cord cutters using typical internet ... ones that run off your Cable /ph compaies lines from the outside plant.
This is mainly for those who live in rural areas away from traditional cable broadband or telephone DSL services. The people who live in these areas would also have satellite TV service as a result. NOW with AT&T's Wireless Home Phone & Internet Service,provided it's available where they live,the caps wouldn't/shouldn't count against streaming Directv VOD(?).

I doubt that CNN is moving anywhere, seeing they've been paying for that location all along.

If the lineup is changed much when all this happens, I doubt it'll stay at 202. Unless they move all the news channels there. I am not sure if UVerse channels are strictly genre grouped like Time Warner Cable in NC is now. One thing that can't happen is SD 202 and HD 1202.

This is mainly for those who live in rural areas away from traditional cable broadband or telephone DSL services. The people who live in these areas would also have satellite TV service as a result. NOW with AT&T's Wireless Home Phone & Internet Service,provided it's available where they live,the caps wouldn't/shouldn't count against streaming Directv VOD(?).
Interesting idea.
IF the bandwidth is reasonable.
At one time I had my parents on a 6 mg for phone and internet and it seemed like we would run out of due to computer usage.

If the lineup is changed much when all this happens, I doubt it'll stay at 202. Unless they move all the news channels there. I am not sure if UVerse channels are strictly genre grouped like Time Warner Cable in NC is now. One thing that can't happen is SD 202 and HD 1202.
Thank God D* doesn't do that.

The local cable company trys this but puts the HD in the 600's and they don't match up with thie other SD channel numbers.

Interesting idea.
IF the bandwidth is reasonable.
At one time I had my parents on a 6 mg for phone and internet and it seemed like we would run out of due to computer usage.
I put a question mark in that last statement because I'm not actually sure if it is factual,like with their(AT&T's) other wireless plans.

I put a question mark in that last statement because I'm not actually sure if it is factual,like with their(AT&T's) other wireless plans.

that is the idea. in the original townhall meeting after the acquisition closed, swankey talked about this specifically; that the hope is to have at&t wireless customers that are watching directv content not use their data as well, to help conserve.

of course, this hasn't been implemented yet, but it's the idea/hope.

Status
Please reply by conversation.